Although these are spring like happy colours, I'm using them today for a sympathy card.
I'm dedicating and giving this card to a friend who's just lost her husband and soul mate of many years and the service was today. I'm hoping the bright colours in this card will bring some light back into her world.
Stamp Set: Nature's Wonders (2002) Retired Set, The sentiment stamps are non-Stampin' Up! rubber stamps
Card Stock: Whisper White (Neutral), Bermuda Bay, Sweet Sugarplum, So Saffron
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Sweet Sugarplum, So Saffron
Accessories: Trimmer, Big Shot, Tom Bow Glue, Dimensionals Stamp-a-ma-jig and Layering Squares Framelits.
2. The Sweet Sugarplum layer measures 5 1/4" x 4" and was adhered with Tom Bow glue.
3. The Whisper White layer measures 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" and was adhered with Tom Bow glue.
4. I stamped the floral image in Bermuda Bay, Sweet Sugarplum and So Saffron inks on scraps of Whisper White card stock. I cut them out with a plain 1" x 1" die from the Layering Squares Framelits.
5. The next layer was another Whisper White square cut with the the 1" x 1" Scalloped Edge Framelit. This scalloped square is about 1/16th" of an inch larger than the plain square die, so you just see a little fringe of the scallops around the edge of the stamped piece. This was adhered to the stamped square with Tom Bow glue.
6. Die cut the next largest scalloped square in each of the three solid colour card stocks and adhere them to the image of the same colour.
7. Mount the finished squares to the card face with Dimensionals.
8. The sentiment "Thinking of You" was stamped in Sweet Sugarplum ink and centered below the scalloped squares. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for straight placement.
9. The inside of the card was stamped with the full floral image in the bottom right hand side of the card. The sentiment "With Sympathy" was stamped just above the floral image, and again I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig.
Well that's my card for today. Please leave me a comment if you think this card is worthy. I hope you'll also check out the other design team members cards over at the WWC101 - Watercooler Wednesday challenge blog.
Penny Token's Stampin' Spot