The last week in August has arrived and I'm left wondering where the summer disappeared to. How about you? Are you ready for Fall, shorter days, cooler weather and the kids returning to school?
Because August is one of those five week months, the Design Team over at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge is hosting an "Anything Goes" challenge that will run from August 30th through to 5pm MST on Monday September 4th. We hope you'll join our challenge.
Here's My Card:
Throughout the year I frequently send "thinking of you" or "hello" cards to friends and relatives I haven't talk to in a while. Since my supply of "hello" cards is running low I decided to use this week's "Anything Goes" challenge to make a batch. Here's what I came up with.
Stamp Sets: Eastern Beauty #143675, Bountiful Bouquet #143666, Bold Botanicals from 2016 Paper Pumpkin Kit, Thoughtful Branches
Card Stock: Whisper White, Fresh Fig, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Fresh Fig, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Big Shot, Paper Trimmer, Bouquet Bunch Framelits #143659, Small Circle from Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Wink of Stella
|Eastern Beauty Stamp Set|
|Thoughtful Branches Retired|
Layers: 1. The card base is an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Whisper White scored at 4 1/4".
2. The first layer is a 4 " x 5 1/4" piece of Fresh Fig.
3. The second layer is a 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" piece of Wild Wasabi.
4. The third layer is a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White.
5. The fourth layer is a 3" circle cut from Fresh Fig card stock with a retired Circles die.
6. The fifth layer is a 2 7/8" circle cut from Whisper White card stock with the Stitched Shapes circle die.
7. For the inside panels cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Wild Wasabi and attach to the card base. Cut a 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" piece of Whisper White card stock and attach to the Wild Wasabi panel after it's stamped.
Stamping and Assembly:
1. The third layer of the card is a background created with stamps from the Eastern Beauty and Bountiful Bouquet stamp sets. Since I was making several cards, I stamped the design on a full 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of Whisper White in this order:
- I randomly stamped the double circle image from Eastern Beauty in Fresh Fig ink beginning at the center of the card stock and working towards the outer edges.
- I stamped a flower image from Beautiful Bouquet in the center of each of these circles in Fresh Fig. Note: I wanted a lighter image for these flowers so I stamped off on scrap of paper first.
- I stamped one of the flower center images from Beautiful Bouquet in full strength Fresh Fig in the center of each of the flowers.
- I stamped the small dotted circle image from Eastern Beauty in Wild Wasabi overlapping the edges of the Fresh Fig circles.
- I stamped the small dotted center image from Beautiful Bouquet Wild Wasabi in in each of the dotted Wasabi circles.
- Once all the background stamping was completed the card stock was cut to size and adhered to the Wild Wasabi card stock (second layer).
- Stamp the "HELLO" image from Bold Botanicals, in the center of the circle in Fresh Fig ink.
- Stamp the flower image on the top and bottom left of the circle in Fresh Fig.
- Stamp three small floral images using the flower center stamp to the right of the larger image on the top and around the edge of the lower flower.
- Stamp two flower images on scrap paper in full strength Fresh Fig and fussy cut them. Mount these flowers with dimensionals to the stamped flowers on the circle.
- Stamp the flower center image twice on scrap Whisper White card stock and punch out with the Itty Bitty Circle punch (R). Adhere to the center of the two flowers.
- Cut out 6 small leaves using the Bouquet Bunch Framelits from Wild Wasabi card stock. Sponge the leaf edges with Wild Wasabi ink and then glue them beneath the cut flower images.
- Mount the Whisper White circle to the Fresh Fig circle and then attach the circles with Dimensionals to the card front.
- Dab Wink of Stella on all the flower and circle centers and on the leaves.
- Stamp the sentiment "You're in My Thoughts" from Thoughtful Branches (R) in Wild Wasabi towards the center top of the inside panel.
This was a super fun and easy card to make and I hope you enjoyed my instructions and along with this card. I wish you could see how beautiful it looks with the Wink of Stella adding just enough glimmer to the floral centers to reflect the light.
If you haven't already checked out the other Watercooler Wednesday Design Team members click here. You don't want to miss their wonderful creations.
Until next time.............
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot