I really like having a sketch challenge to give me inspiration for creating a card, so I thought I'd play along with Jen Timko over at Freshly Made Sketches challenge #559.Here's My Card:
As I've mentioned before, we live on the edge of the Discovery Trail forest in Abbotsford. With the drought this summer we've had a lot of animals accessing our property looking for water and food and recently we've had recurring visits from three raccoons. They aren't shy and visit during the day and late evening drinking water from the base of my plant pots and scooping up grubs along the concrete edge.
This threesome is probably a mother and her two juveniles and they aren't afraid of us. So far they haven't touched or broken anything, on their visits. For our part, we don't feed them, handle or encourage them in any way, we just watch and enjoy their brief visits.
|All Bundled Up 8 piece red rubber cling stamp set from the July - December Holiday Mini catalogue.|
When I was deciding what elements to use for this sketch challenge I was influenced by these raccoons and to use the sweet little raccoon image in the All Bundled Up stamp set. Just look at this little "Rocky Raccoon", too cute!
- All Bundled Up Stamp Set
- Checks and Dots Embossing Folder for Circle
Card Stock and Paper:
- Whisper White 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" for the card base, scored at 4 1/4". A 4" x 5 1/4" piece for the inside of the card. A 3" circle for the card front and a scrap for the white snowflake die cut.
- Highland Heather - 4" x 5 1/4" mat for card front, 3 1/4" scrap for circle mat on card front, Scrap for the snowflake die cut.
- Gorgeous Grape - small scrap for snowflake die cut
- Specialty Paper: 3 3/4" x 4" piece of Silver and Gold DSP (retired from July Sale-A-Bration 2022) for mat layer on card front,
- Momento Ink for Raccoon
- Gorgeous Grape for the "Merry Christmas" sentiment (from retired All That Glimmers)
- Stamping Blends: Light and Dark Smokey Slate, Light and Dark Highland Heather, Light Flirty Flamingo,
- Nuvo Drops clear for nose and eyes
- Snowflake is from Celebrations Tag Dies #159866
- Circles are from retired Stitched Circles die set.
- The Merry Christmas tag was hand cut with scissors.
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot
Penny Hanuszak, CDN Independent Stampin' Up! Demo