I hope you'll join us by linking up your creation with the InLinkz at the bottom of the challenge.
Here's the Rules:1. This must be a new project---no back-linking to a previous post.
2. You must link your project back to our challenge (details at top of page).
3. You must link directly to your post, not simply your general blog.
4. Please link to no more than 8 challenges, including ours.
5. Have fun!
Just click here to go to the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and use the link-up for WWC128 to share your project. The Linky closes on Monday, July 24th at 5:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time and winners will be posted on Tuesday, June 25th at 5:00 p.m. MDT.
Here's My Card:
In case you haven't noticed, I like to challenge myself by trying out different fancy folds.
This week's card was inspired by a Dutch Fold Christmas card created by the incredible Dawn Griffiths. After watching her video on Youtube I was inspired to run to my craft room and pull together this masculine version of her card. Hope you like it.
Supplies:Stamp Sets: One Wild Ride, Cool Treats, Gorgeous Grunge, and Badges & Banners.
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Delightful Dijon and Urban District DSP
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black, Delightful Dijon, Basic Gray, Smokey Slate
Accessories: Paper Trimmer, Tom Bow Glue, Best Badge Punch, Urban Underground Embellishments.
Once I decided on my stamp sets, card stock and ink colours this card took me from start to finish about 15 minutes to assemble. It was really straight forward. Here's how I cut and assembled the pieces:
1. Card Base: Cut a 7 1/8" x 8" piece of Delightful Dijon card stock and score on the 8" side at 2" and at 6". Turn and score from the top on the 7 1/8" side at 2 3/8" to the first score line and then from the bottom on that side to the first score line. Turn to the next side and score at 2/38 all the way from top to bottom. Okay now the hard part is out of the way.
2. From Very Vanilla Card Stock cut the following pieces and then do all your stamping and adhere to Basic Gray pieces:
- Outside stamped panel - cut 1 piece 3" x 3 3/4"
- Inside stamped panel - cut 1 piece 3 1/2" x 4"
- Inside dutch doors - cut 2 pieces 1 1/2" x 1 7/8"
- Front and inside flap panel - cut 2 pieces 2 1/8" x 3 3/4"
- Front panel - cut 1 piece 3 1/4" x 4. When adhering this piece to the front flap only add tear n' tape or glue to the left side.
- Outside Dutch Doors - cut 2 pieces 1 3/4" x 2 1/8"
- Inside Dutch Doors - cut 2 pieces 1 3/4" x 2 1/8"
- Inside panel that attaches to card base - cut 1 piece 3 3/4" x 4 1/2".
- For front and inside flap panel cut 2 pieces of DSP 1 7/8" x 3 1/2" and adhere to basic gray pieces.
- For outside Dutch Doors cut 2 pieces of DSP 1 1/2" x 1 7/8" and adhere to the basic gray panels.
I stamped the "Life's a Journey" image in black ink over top of the mask because I only wanted the upper portion to show behind the bike. Before putting this stamp away I stamped it on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla card stock and cut it out with the Best Badge punch. This was adhered to the inside of the front panel overhang.
I stamped "Happiest Birthday" from the Cool Treats stamp set in the center of the inside Very Vanilla Panel. I stamped "You're" and "Cool" from the same set on the upper Dutch Door. I also stamped the "Route 66" image from One Wild Ride on a scrap of Very Vanilla and then fussy cut it out and attached it to the side of "Cool".
I stamped the "No. 1" from Best Badges in Delightful Dijon on the Very Vanilla Dutch Door piece.
I stamped the large spotted stamp from Gorgeous Grunge after stamping off twice in Smokey Slate and again in Delightful Dijon on the Motorcycle, You're Cool and No. 1 panels.
I added three screw embellishments from the retired Urban Underground Embellishments on an angle to the front panel.
And that's how I made this card. What do you think? If you like it please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear how you liked this version of the Dutch Fold.
Don't forget to check out the WWC128 post to see the designs from the rest of our Watercooler Wednesday artists. They've put together some awesome inspiration for this Masculine Challenge.
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot