Marsha Reed our very talented Assistant Coordinator is starting us off with a stunning gate fold winter scene. Just seeing Marsha's beautiful snowy winter scene put me in the Christmas spirit. I know you're going to love Marsha's card too and be very inspired by the rest of the WWC Design Team who've also contributed inspiring designs. Believe me when I say everyone's pulled out all the stops to bring you some great Christmas card inspiration!
Before we get to my entry for this week, I just want to remind you that the Watercooler Wednesday Card Challenge DT welcomes new participants to join in our challenges. Don't be shy!
It's super easy to link up your entry and play along. Just make sure to enter no more than eight challenges including this Watercooler Challenge, and link up your photo before 5:00pm MST on Monday October 2nd and you're good to go. See, super easy! Who knows, your entry might "Rock the Watercooler" or join our "Rockers" who have received honourable mentions. No matter, we love having new participants join in our challenges. So, why don't you play along?
Here's My Card:
I seem to be hooked on Navy Blue, Silver and White for this holiday season.
Stamp Sets: Musical Season #144811
Card Stock: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Big Shot, Paper Trimmer, Card Front Builder Thinlet Dies #144674, Circles Thinlets, Winter Wonder Embossing Folder #144686, Dimensionals, Tom Bow Glue, Basic Rhinestones.
|Card Front Builder Thinlet Dies # 144674 coordinates with the Carols of Christmas stamp set.|
|Musical Season Stamp Set #144, 811, coordinates with the |
Musical Instruments Framelits Dies
|Winter Wonder Embossing Folder #144686|
1. The 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" card base is cut from Whisper White card stock and was scored at 4 1/4".
2. The 1st layer is Silver Glimmer Paper and measures 5 3/8" x 4 1/8". Note: to reduce the bulk and not waste my glimmer paper, I cut away the center with a rectangular die cut. I made sure I left a half an inch on all sides, so that the die cut in the next layer covers the glimmer paper.
3. The 2nd layer is Night of Navy card stock that measures 5 1/4" x 4". I lined up the Card Front Builder Thinlet die on each side to add the cut work design.
4. For the next layer I used my old circle die cuts to make a 3 1/2" circle from Silver Glimmer Paper for the base of the snowflake.
5. I embossed a 4" x 4" scrap of Whisper White card stock with the Winter Wonder Embossing Folder and then fussy cut around the embossed image with my detail scissors. I sponged over the embossed image and around the edges with Night of Navy ink. Basic Rhinestones were attached to the circles between each of the snowflake points. The snowflake was glued flat to the Silver Glimmer paper circle with Tom Bow glue. This piece was mounted to the center of the card front with Dimensionals.
6. I stamped the Peace.Joy.Love sentiment from Musical Season on a 3 3/8" by 3/4" piece of Whisper White and then mounted it on a piece of Night of Navy that measured 3 1/2" x 1". The sentiment was adhered with Dimensionals to the center of the snowflake.
7. For the inside of the card I kept it simple by stamping on the card base instead of adding a layer. The beautiful sentiment and mandolin from the Musical Seasons stamp set was enough to enhance this panel. I simple stamped them in Night of Navy Ink.
I hope you liked my snowflake Christmas card. It certainly was an easy one to do and is very pretty to look at with all the sparkle. How do you like the inside of the card? Does it's simplicity offset the outside, which was my intention? I hope you'll leave me a comment as I really enjoy receiving your feedback and your ideas.
If you came to my site first and haven't had a chance to check out the rest of the WWC138 Christmas Anything Goes DT cards just click here to return to the home page. See you next time....
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot