Sunday, September 6, 2026

Caroling Mice - FMS #752

Are you ready for another challenge over at the Freshly Made Sketches blog?  If so check out this wonderful sketch hosted by Narelle FMS752:

Here's My Card:

I'm making Christmas cards again today and this sketch was really easy to use with the "A Little Christmas" designer series paper.  The paper has such a warm and inviting colour pallette and variety of mice images and designs that minimal stamping is required on this card.   

The fun designs are easy to cut out with dies or by hand. I didn't feel the need to do any stamping except for the inside sentiment and the Mouse image. which was coloured with blends.    

I stamped the little mouse from the "Christmas Mice" stamp set and die cut it before colouring it with blends.  There are little cuts below its hands that you can raise up and put various items like the candy cane in.  Super cute! 

I always like to  add an image to the back of my cards along with my name tag.  The Christmas Mice has several really cute ones including this  little wreath.  


Supplies and Instructions:

Stamps and Dies:

  • Christmas Mice SU#168422 Bundle
  • Stylish Shapes Dies - circle and small sentiment matte 

These are all the die cuts in the "Christmas Mice" bundle.  Super fun to work with.
Tip:  I like to make a sheet for each bundle I purchase that has the stamps on one side and the die cuts on the reverse.  I keep them in a binder for reference.  These sheets help me to remember what I have and how the die cuts actually look and which ones have stamped images that correspond.  

Cardstock and Designer Paper:
  • Basic White - "8 1/2 x 5 1/2" card base scored at 4 1/4" 
    • 5" x 3 3/4" matte for inside card 
  • Peaceful Pine 
    • Cut two mattes for front and inside at 5 1/4" x 4" 
    • Cut 3" x 3 3/4" matte for front and emboss with Holly Embossing folder
  • Cherry Cobbler 
    • Cut 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" piece with Stylish Shapes Dies 
  • Golden Glow - small scrap for die cut banner 
  • Pool Party scrap for banner on card front 
  • "A Little Christmas" Designer Series Paper
    • 5" x 3 34" piece for front matte 
    • 1 1/4" x 3 3/4" strip for inside the card 
    • 2" x 2" piece with Mouse Carollers die cut with stylish shapes circle die
Ink and Blends:
  • Cherry Cobbler ink for sentiment inside 
  • Blends:  Crumb Cake light and dark, Petal Pink light and dark, Neutrals for shading mouse in browns.

Accessories:  
  • Gold Adhesive Backed Dots for Golden Glow banner
  • Dimensionals
  • Wink of Stella - touch up lights on Christmas tree and in background on stitched circle
  • Holly Embossing folder SU (R) 
Thanks for dropping by and checking out this week's FMS challenge card and leaving me some words of encouragement.  

If you're new to card making why not play along.  Creating with sketch challenges is a really fun way to build your skills and to participate in a group outside your craft space.  That's how I got my start, playing along with challenges like this one and I can't thank the design teams that expanded my horizons and challenged me to participate in their sketch challenges enough.  

Until next time......

HAPPY STAMPING!
PENNY TOKENS STAMPIN' SPOT 
Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo since 2006 



No comments:

Caroling Mice - FMS #752

Are you ready for another challenge over at the Freshly Made Sketches blog?  If so check out this wonderful sketch hosted by Narelle FMS752 ...