Here is this week's sketch challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge
Here's My Card:
Since I've been talking about Fall and winter, I decided to shift gears away from flowers and make a masculine monochromatic birthday card for an extra special guy who loves all things winter and outdoor sports. My card features a new online exclusive stamp set called "Hitting the Slopes" and will be perfect for his November birthday.
The 11 piece Hitting the Slopes stamp set doesn't have matching dies however the images are extremely easy to fussy-cut and the sentiments can be die cut or punched using other products. Here's what I came up with for this challenge :
I used the new incolour Hydrangea Hue along with Basic White cardstock and ink to create this monochromatic card. Although I had difficulty capturing the true colours in these photos the rich tones of the Hydrangea Hue help to balance out the additional colours. I wanted a sense of movement on this card front, so along with the skiers sailing down the slopes, I cut all the mattes with the retired Stampin' Up! Deckled Rectangle dies for a fun effect.
I didn't have a winter themed designer paper to go with this stamp set so I created my own by stamping the stamp from the set with the small skiers in Hydrangea Hue. Such an easy way to liven up the matte.
For the inside I combined sentiment stamps from All About Birthdays and Penguin Place for my messaging and the small snowflake from the Penguin Place stamp set in the corner. After this photo was taken I actually did some blending over the snowflakes with light balmy blue.
For the lower corner focal I punched two small circles in Secret Sea and Basic White cardstock for the base and then layered the helmet, boot and gloves from the Hitting the Slopes stamp set, creating raised layers with dimensionals.
There's a little bit of shine in the focal created with sequins and by using Nuvo drops to make the mask look like glass and the detail on the boots stand out like shiny plastic.
Supplies and Instructions:
- Hitting the Slopes #168341- Skiers, sentiment "Have an Epic Birthday", snowboard and focal images.
- Penguin Place (R) - Sentiment "To the Coolest Friend Ever", Snowflakes
- All About Birthdays (R) - Sentiment "Wishing You the Happiest Birthday Ever"
- Deckled Rectangles (R)
- Note to alter the sentiment "Have an Epic Birthday" simply block the word or remove ink from "birthday" before stamping. Then replace it with another sentiment such as "Day", "Christmas", "Holiday" etc., so you can get a broader range of occasions.
Cardstock:
- Basic White:
- 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" for card base
- 4 5/8" x 3 1/2" matte stamped with skiers from Hitting the Slopes stamp in Hydrangea Hue
- 5" x 3 3/4" matte for inside of card
- Scraps for stamping focal point and snowboard images and punching out 1" circle
- Hydrangea Hue
- 5" x 3 3/4" and 3 7/8" x 2 5/8" mattes for front and 5 1/4" x 4" matte for inside card
- Secret Sea:
- 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" scrap for focal 1 1/4' circle punch
Ink and Blends:
- Tuxedo Momento Black ink for all stamped images
- Secret Sea for sentiments front and inside
- Blends: Boho Blue, Secret Sea, Balmy Blue, Smokey Slate
Accessories:
- Dimensionals
- Opalescent Sequins blue hue
- Nuvo Drops for goggle mask and buckles on boots
Thanks for dropping by today and checking out my submission for this weeks Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Appr4ciated. Until next time.............
HAPPY STAMPING!
PENNY TOKENS STAMPIN' SPOT
Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo since 2006









No comments:
Post a Comment