It's time for another Watercooler Wednesday "All About Christmas" Challenge, and guess what? I'm hosting this week.
I thought I would start off the Christmas Challenge using the one stamp set that is currently available prior to the Holiday Catalogue going live on September 1st, called "Carols of Christmas". You're going to see a lot of cards made with this stamp set and matching die cuts and the reason is simple, combined they create a remarkable range of combinations and beautiful stamping experiences.
Here's My Card:
Stamp Sets: Carols of Christmas #144804, Colorful Seasons #143726, Six Sayings Hostess set #139852(R)
Card Stock: Dapper Denim, Whisper White
DSP: Color Theory Paper Pack - Dapper Denim and White Crackle
Inks: Dapper Denim and Versa Mark
Accessories: Big Shot, Paper Trimmer, Card Front Builder Framelit #144674, Stitched Shapes Framelits (Circle), Snow Flurry Punch #139680, White Embossing Powder, Basic Rhinestones
1. Cut Dapper Denim card base to measure 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and score at 4 1/4".
2. Cut a 5" x 4" piece of Whisper White for the next layer and cut out the corner pattern with the beautifully efficient Corner Builder Framelits. Line up the die close to the edge of the card stock and make sure its even before running through the big shot. Tip: When you need to make sure a cut is precisely in place use a bit of Washi Tape to hold the die down before cutting. Works like a charm. Glue the panel to the card base using a fine detail liquid glue around the edges of this layer and make sure the lines and corners are adhered.
3. Cut a 2 1/4" x 4 3/8" Dapper Denim panel and top with a 2" x 4 1/8" piece of the dapper denim crackle design paper from the Color Theory paper pack. Randomly stamp the small and large snow flakes from the Colorful Seasons stamp set in Dapper Denim ink. Glue to center of Whisper White layer.
4. Cut a 3 1/4" circle from Dapper Denim card stock and a 3" Stitched Circle from Whisper White card stock.
|Here you can see the snowflakes stamped on the designer series paper.|
|*Oops, you can barely see those small snowflakes stamped around the edges of this circle. Next time I'll cut out the circle before stamping additional images.|
6. Stamp two small snowflakes on a scrap of Dapper Denim card stock with Versa Mark ink and emboss with White Embossing powder**. Cut out the snowflakes with the Snow Flurry Punch and mount to card face and circle with dimensionals.
7. Cut a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock for the inside panel. Stamp a sentiment in the center. I used the Merry Christmas to You and Yours from the retired "Six Sayings Hostess Stamp set". I really love the size and style of the fonts in this set and use them often. To finish off the inside panel I randomly stamped a couple more snowflakes.
Well there you have it, the first of many cards I'll be making and sharing with you featuring the Carols of Christmas stamp set and Card Builder Framelits. I hope you like it as much as I do and will leave me a comment.
If you haven't already checked out the rest of the Design Team Artists creations this week, I suggest you do so. What a fantastic range of cards and inspiration.
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot