Thursday, January 5, 2017

Wacky Watercooler Celebrates the Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-bration “Take One”

Happy New Year everyone and welcome to the first Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop of 2017. This is such and exciting time of year! For the next three days (January 5-7th) we're holding the first of two blog hops this month, in celebration of the arrival of the Occasions 2017 Spring catalogue and the arrival of Sale-A-Bration! 

If you've joined us for the first time, our Blog Hop runs in a circular fashion, so it doesn't matter where in the list of participants you begin. If you continue going to the next blog you'll eventually wind up where you started. So, if you started at the beginning of the hop you've arrived here from the very talented Marie Green's blog. Weren't her projects just fantastic?


Party Animal Suite


Bev Gajsek from Chilliwack BC and I were delighted to share a Display Board at Stampin' Up!s On Stage Vancouver in November 2016.


Bev created her fabulous display using products from the Party Animal Suite. She totally inspired me with her fun interpretation of this suite. She created such over the top amazing cards and 3-D projects, that I had to share them with you. Everything was so well co-ordinated, especially the stamp set and pop-up birthday cards. Here is a look at Bev's display and cards:
Bev's Display Board




Here's My Card:
This card is so colourful.  It's sure to be a hit!  The Party Animal Designer Paper is a perfect mix of colours and designs.

These Party Animal Embellishments are so much fun.  They come in a package of 16 and there are 8 each of two designs - this balloon or a cute little party hat.  I also love this 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  It's awesome to work with.  I coloured the Confetti stamp image with a Tangerine Tango marker and stamped it inside and out on the card.  I know this will become one of my favourites this year because it's just the right size to add some extra pizazz to your cards.

Supplies: 
Stamp Set:  Balloon Adventures Stamp Set
Ink: Crushed Curry, Pacific Point, Emerald Envy, Tangerine Tango and Whisper White
Card Stock and Paper: Party Animal Designer Series Paper,
Accessories:  Balloon Pop-Up Dies, Trimmer, Big Shot, Tom Bow Glue, Washi Tape, Party Animal Embellishments.

The Balloon Adventures photopolymer stamp set comes with 17 image and sentiment stamps and coordinates with not only the 8 piece Balloon Pop-Up Dies but also with the Balloon Bouquet Punch. It doesn't get any better than that! Here's what the stamp and dies look like:
 

For more exciting samples check out this video by Brandi Barnard from Stampin' Up!

Urban Underground Suite:Collection:
When Stampin' Up! confirmed I had been picked to be a Display Board Artist in November at the Vancouver OnStage I was over the top excited. They told me I'd receive a "top secret" box of new products from the Occasions 2017 catalogue to design my display with.

Well, I was on pins and needles waiting to receive my supply box and see what I would be designing with. When it finally arrived in September and I opened the box I'm sure you could have heard me screaming with delight from Abbotsford to Vancouver. It was over the top and this was one of the best experiences of my stamping career.

I instantly fell in love with the new products I received, which included the Nailed It and Urban District stamp sets, the Build It Thinlet Dies and Hexagon Dynamic Embossing Folder. To make it even better Stampin' Up! also provided me with a co-ordinating card stock pack some of the Urban Underground Embellishments and Urban Underground Washi tape. The rest was up to me and I had such fun creating 15 projects to put on display and to share with you.

The Nailed It Stamp Set is awesome!  You'll love it for your masculine cards!

The Build It Thinlet Dies makes it so easy to but out the stamped shapes and mix and match papers and card stocks for your designs.  I had so much fun with these dies. 
The Hexagon Dynamic Embossing Folder is out of this world.  It embosses on card stock and foil papers, and looks great on both sides. 

Urban District - the perfect Father's Day and Birthday stamp set. 
My Display Board for OnStage Vancouver:
Here are My Cards Featuring Nailed It: 
The cards below all feature elements of the Nailed It Stamp Set, Build It Thinlet dies and the Hexagon Dynamic Embossing Folder.  The card stocks used are a mixture of Delightful Dijon, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla.  I've also used Silver Foil, Basic Rhinestones and Gold and Silver Metallic Metal Shapes to add additional bling. 
 
 


 
 
I hope you've enjoyed the cards I've created using my favourite products so far from the the Occasions 2017 catalogue.  I will provide more details on some of the cards in the coming weeks and will feature the Urban District stamp set in the next Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop which will take place on January 19th through 21st.  Be sure to come back and visit.  


Well what do you think?  I'd love to have your comments and answer any questions you may have.  

Now it's time to see what our next blog hop artist Priscilla Iver has been up to.  Just click on her name or the NEXT link below to see what she's her terrific samples.  Thanks again for joining us at the Wacky Watercooler Mini January Blog Hop part one.  Until next time, happy stamping!  

Priscilla Iver
 
Marie Green


Wacky Water Cooler

Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot 

18 comments:

Christine said...

What great projects and how great you were on display at Onstage. I wasn't sure I wanted that tool set, but I think I "need" it now.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much Christine. I appreciate the feedback. The tool set and coordinating dies are one of the best that I've used for my masculine cards. I know I'm going to have a lot more fun with this one and it's well worth it's price!

Jackie said...

Penny, what a fantastic job you did on these samples. You lived up to OnStage expectations, with delightful cards featuring lots of nice techniques.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks for dropping by Jackie and for your kind comments on my post. I loved making these cards for OnStage as well as the Balloon Adventure. What fun!

Heather Hopson said...

Penny, such a great job on your cards. I love the added touches on your Nailed it cards. You have such a talent for adding the right touches.

Unknown said...

Wow Penny, such wonderful cards. I can sure we why they asked you to do a display board. Awesome!

Unknown said...

Wow Penny, wonderful cards! I can see why you were asked to do a display board. Awesome!

Carol Carriveau said...

Wow! Great inspirational cards....great job!

Marsha Reed said...

Great projects, Penny! Very nice display.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Your cards are fabulous, Penny; I got Nailed It at On Stage and can't wait to start playing--you've inspired me to pull it out this weekend. Great work!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Oh Priscilla what fun you're going to have with the Nailed It set. I luv, luv, luv mine! Thanks for checking out my cards!

Gail said...

Penny, your display at OnStage was spectacular! I can just imagine what an hounour it was to be chosen. I took photos of every project in your display! And the Party Animal card is so festive.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks Gail for your comments on my OnStage Display. I'm so thrilled you liked it and took pictures of the cards while you were there. Honestly it was such an honour for me to participate with so many uber talented stamping up demos. You couldn't wipe the smile from my face for days. The Balloon Adventure card is based on the one we did at OnStage, however I had to change it up a bit to make it mine by adding the frame and additional stamping. What fun!

libbystamps said...

OH MY WORD - G R E A T C A R D S !!!! Love the manly set (name escapes me) All super cards. And, CONGRATS - what an honor!

Penny Hanuszak said...


Thanks Libby. So appreciate your comments.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Brilliant creations Miss Penny! You've got me drooling over the little balloon accessories as well as the Nailed It set. Very inspiring set of projects you shared at OnStage. Definitely on my CASE list. Especially the shaker card and tool apron. Those are totally brilliant.

I'm in love with the Urban Underground paper and washi tape myself. I'll be sad to see them go in a few months.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much Jean. Yes I love the entire Urban Underground collection. Finally stamping up listened, and did it so well. I absolutely love the tool dies. So easy to work with. I'll be sharing some scrapbook pages I created on the next blog and they have lots of details you don't even realize with that set. Yahoo, what fun!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Such amazing 3D projects and cards! Congrats!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...