Watercooler Wednesday has rolled around again and this time we are having a colour challenge brought to you by Marsha. WWC105 features a lot of colours but Marsha has indicated you can use a minimum of three plus a neutral of your choice. I'm not sure what colours you see when you look at this display, but based on Stampin' Up! ink colours, I see Mint Macaroon, Pirouette Pink, Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry, Always Artichoke and Smokey Slate.
Here Is My Card:
My inspiration for this card came from Caro Thomas who show cased some beautiful masculine cards in June 2016, using the Swirly Scribbles Thinlet dies. I really liked how she inlaid the colour pieces in the die cut.
Initially I planned to CASE her card substituting the colours from this challenge, but after playing with the die cuts a bit I decided to change up my design and only used her colour matchup on the inside of the card.
Stamp Sets: Jar of Love #141587 and Delicate Details #143214 (SAB)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Smokey Slate, Pink Pirouette, Always Artichoke, Blushing Bride - Markers
Card Stock: Rich Razzleberry, Always Artichoke, Pink Pirouette, Smokey Slate and Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Trimmer, Swirly Scribbles Thinlet Dies, Spray Mister, Heat Gun, Festive Embossing Folder, Tom Bow Adhesive, Adhesive Remover
|Swirley Scribbles Thinlet Dies #141497|
|Festive Texture Embossing Folder #141471|
How It's Made:
- Cut card base from 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Smokey Slate card stock
- Cut 1st mat 5 1/4" x 4" from Rich Razzleberry and glue to base
- Cut 2nd mat 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" from Always Artichoke and glue to 1st mat
- Cut a piece of Whisper White for the top mat measuring 3 3/4" x 4 7/8".
- Place the wavy die from Swirly Scribbles on the long side of this mat so that it's closer to the left edge, and run through the Big Shot. Retain all pieces.
- Cut a strip of Watercolour Paper to measure 1 1/2" x 4 7/8". This will be the base for your colour and for adding the cut out pieces of the Swirly Scribbles.
- I used markers to colour five striped bands along the length of this piece. The bands were at least an inch high. Once all the colour has been added spray the bands with water and allow the ink to flow. Dry with a piece of paper towel and a heat gun.
- When this piece is dry run it through the Big Shot in the Festive Embossing folder.
- Add adhesive to the Swirly wave piece center and glue to the watercolour strip. Then glue the two cut out pieces to each side. You now have a rectangle.
- Stamp the "thank you" sentiment from Jar of Love below the swirl in Rich Razzleberry ink.
- Ink up the thin lace strip from the Delicate Details and stamp along the top and bottom edge of the card, getting as close to the edge as possible. Glue this mat to the Always Artichoke mat.
- Add random sprays of Basic Pearls.
- Finish the inside of the card with a 4" x 5 1/4" mat of Whisper White card stock. I cut Swirly waves from Always Artichoke, Smokey Slate and Pirouette Pink. I adhered the Always Artichoke to the Whisper White mat and then fitted in pieces of the other colours and adhered with Tom Bow glue.
- I didn't use a sentiment on the inside of the card because I wanted room to hand write my message of thanks.
- By gluing strips of coloured card stock to a piece of Whisper White and then embossing it or,
- colour block a strip of Whisper White with your ink pads or by inking up an acrylic block and stamping bands of colour.
I liked the effect I got with the markers and it was so fast and simple. I also like the basic pearls as they seem to carry along the idea of bubbles. The beautiful stamped lace from the Delicate Details stamp set added some balance to the card. It's stamped in Blushing Bride ink. I know I'm going to be using this stamp set a lot. I got mine for free from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue after I placed a $60.00 order.
Well that's it for today. I hope you enjoyed this card and will leave me a comment. Also I hope you'll visit the other Watercooler Wednesday Design Artist's sites to see their projects. I know you'll love them.
This challenge linky is open until 5:00 pm MT Monday February 13th so I hope you'll play along with us. We always love to see how we've inspired others. Who knows you may be the next papercrafter to "Rock the Watercooler".
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot