Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - WWC104 Kath's Sketch Challenge


Hi everyone!  It's time for this month's Watercooler Wednesday Sketch Challenge WWC104 which is being hosted by Kath.   This is such a great sketch.  It's versatile, quick to assemble and could be used for absolutely any occasion.

Here's My Card:

Today I'm featuring a stamp set I've recently acquired and fallen head over heels in love with.  It's called Bella and Friends.
Oh my, the eleven rubber images and sentiments in this set are so much fun and simply bring a smile to your face.  Having several friends with small dogs that resemble Bella, I know these stamps will be seeing lots of ink in future.  
Supplies:
Stamp Sets:  Bella and Friends and Balloon Adventures
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Calypso Coral and Pool Party
DSP:  A Little Foxy DSP Stack 
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Calypso Coral and Pool Party Markers, Watermelon Wonder, Smokey Slate
Accessories:  Big Shot, Trimmer, Festive Embossing Folder, Bunch of Banners and Oval Thinlets, Wink of Stella, Aqua Painter, Basic Pearls, Tom Bow Glue, Dimensionals. 
Assembly:
  1. Cut Whisper White card stock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and score at 4 1/4".  Cut a 4' x 5 1/4" piece for the inside of the card.
  2. Cut a piece of Calypso Coral to measure 4" x 5 1/4" and adhere to the card base.
  3. Cut a piece of Pool Party to measure 3 3/4" x 5" and dry emboss with  the Fiesta Embossing Folder, having the design run vertically.
  4. For the band, which I chose to place a little higher on the card than the sketch I cut a piece of Calypso Coral 1" x 3 3/4", a piece of A Little Foxy DSP Stack measuring 3/4" x 3 3/4".  I also added a 1/4" x 3 3/4" strip of Pool Party that was embossed.  
  5. Sadly I don't own the Stitched Shapes Thinlet Dies that have just come back on the market, or I would have used the beautiful stitched ovals to cut out the Calypso Coral and Whisper White Ovals.  I had to settle for my old Oval Thinlets which are now retired.  I stamped the Bella image and the cupcake in Momento Tuxedo Black ink. I did not colour the images when I assembled the card because I wanted to show how these great line images stand alone on their own.  
  6. For the banner I cut two Calypso Coral banners and one Whisper White banner using the Bunch of Banners Thinlet set.  I layered these together starting with the two Calypso Coral pieces and then adhering the Whisper White banner to the top.  I stamped the "Just For You" sentiment from the Bella and Friends set on my card stock before cutting it out.  The label was mounted with Dimensionals. 
  7. For the inside of the card I stamped the image "No One Deserves a Happier Birthday Than You" which Calypso Coral and Pool Party Markers. I added a 1/2" x 5 1/4' strip of the DSP to finish it off.

So now that you've seen this card with a plain stamped Bella, I'm going to share a stepped up version featuring some watercolouring and Wink of Stella
What a difference a little colour makes. I applied some brush strokes of Smokey Slate and Watermelon Wonder with an aqua painter. Some sparkle was added to the little red heart and the cupcake icing with A Wink of Stella. Voila, a wonderful little card!
I hope you enjoyed this post and this fun card. I'd love to have you comments. For all the challenge details and to share your project, visit Watercooler Wednesday challenge site by clicking this highlighted link. We'd love to have you join us. You have until Monday, February 6th at 6:00 p.m. Central Time to link your project. too.
Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot

5 comments:

Heather Hopson said...

Hi Penny, What a cute card. That is a really nice stamp set that I overlooked. I love the colors you chose! Your instructions as always are perfect!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks Heather for your comment. Isn't she cute. Love this stamp set and I don't see a whole lot using it.

Heidi Weaver said...

Penny, every time I see someone use Bella and Friends I want the set. So far I haven't bought it but it's on my list. Such cute images, especially the way you've used them.

Created by Kath said...

I love this card!

Fiona said...

Oh this is so cute - this stamp set has been on my wish list but I've not got it yet!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...