Today, I'm participating for the first time as a Temporary Team Artist for the Watercooler Wednesday Design Team. How awesome is that? In terms of "awesomeness" for me, it's a really big honour to have been given this opportunity. It means I'll be contributing on a regular basis over the next three months with this group of very talented ladies whose creativity and friendship have inspired me so much over the past few years. You just can't wipe the smile off my face!
Okay, let's get down to business. Today's challenge #WWC70 is a sketch challenge chosen by Marsha J. Reed. Here is her wonderful sketch:
When I saw this sketch, I was a little undecided about what to create. I started out making a graduation card but then the more I played with the sketch it morphed into a Masculine Birthday card and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. This card features some recently retired Stampin' Up! products as well as the brand new Layered Squares framelit dies, which I'm excited to share with you.
Stamp Sets: Oh My Goodies, Party Pants, Starburst Sayings, Happy Birthday Everyone
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Tip Top Taupe
DSP: Go Wild Designer Series Paper Pack
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black Ink
Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Layering Squares Framelits - Dimensionals, Big Shot, Trimmer, Tom Bow Glue, Scissors 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Starburst Framelit dies (smallest one)
1. The card base is a piece of 5 x 10" Tip Top Taupe card stock scored at 5".
2. The first layer is a piece of 4 3/4 x 4 3/4" Basic Black card stock.
3. The second layer is a 4 5/8 x 4 5/8" piece of "Go Wild" DSP.
4. The banner layer is a 2 x 5" piece of Tip Top Taupe card stock that was embossed with the Chevron Embossing folder and adhered 1/2" from the left hand side of the card base and from the top edge to the bottom, overlapping the first and second layers.
5. The square layers started with a 3 x 3" piece of Basic Black card stock that was cut out with the 2 3/8" scalloped square die from the new Layering Squares Framelit set. The Whisper White layer began with a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2" piece of card stock that was trimmed down with the 2 1/8" straight square die cut. This piece was stamped in Tuxedo Black ink with the "Live Well....." image from Oh My Goodies stamp set, and adhered with Tom Bow Glue to the black square. The image was stamped again in Tuxedo Black ink on a scrap of Whisper White and again on a scrap of Tip Top Taupe. The Whisper White image was completely cut out using scissors and only the lines and words "laugh hard" were again fussy cut from the Tip Top Taupe piece. Both of these images were adhered with dimensionals to the anchor image.
6. The "Woo Hoo" image from the Party Pants stamp set was stamped in Tuxedo Black ink on a scrap of Tip Top Taupe card stock and cut out with the 6/8"scalloped square Layering Squares die cut and then mounted on a square of Basic Black card stock that was cut out with the 7/8" straight edge Layering Squares die cut.
7. The "Celebrate" image is from a retired stamp set called Starburst Sayings that was stamped on a scrap of Whisper White card stock and then cut out using the retired Starburst Framelit die. I stamped this image twice and the second image was fussy cut and then mounted in the center of the image with a dimensional. To make it pop out I cut a piece of Basic Black card stock with the 1 1/4" circle punch and adhered the image so that it was centered on the circle.
8. Whenever I make a square card I also like to make the envelope using Stampin' Up!s Envelope Punch Board. I lined the envelope with the same DSP as on the card and on the envelope front stamped the "celebrate" starburst in the bottom left hand corner.
Well that's it for today. I hope you'll take the time to leave me a comment on this card. How do you like square cards? Do you make them and if so do you make your own envelopes and line them?
Happy Stamping Until Next Time!
Penny Tokens Stampin Spot