Saturday, August 1, 2026

Woolly Sheep and Paper Pumpkin Hooray for Birthdays!

Happy August! Another summer month has passed, and now we’re marking August 1st, a statutory holiday established in 1974 to honour the province’s pioneers. Many families take advantage of the long weekend to go camping or visit national parks for some outdoor fun. 

Unfortunately, this year there are more than 100 active forest fires, and WestJet, one of the major airlines, is facing a nationwide strike by its flight attendants. 

It's supposed to rain heavily today, so I'm choosing to travel to my craft room and enjoy the weekend making some cards.  Happy BC Day!   

This week I'm entering my card challenge in both the Freshly Made Sketches #747 and the AAA Card Challenge #320. I hope you'll play along with me.



I usually don’t participate in more than one challenge, but this week I chose to try something different. I had already started creating my card for the FMS challenge when I came across  a new site to me, called the AAA Card Challenge blog.  Their challenge was to create a card with design that started with the letter "S". Since I was already using the Woolly "Sheep" set and sheep was on the suggestion list, so it was an easy decision to play along.  And that’s how we ended up here.

Here Is My Card:



Supplies and Instructions:

Stamps and Die Sets:
  • July 2026 Paper Pumpkin Kit - Hooray for Birthdays! 
  • Woolly Friends #16688 (R) 
  • All About Birthdays (R) - inside sentiment 
  • Stylish Shape Dies #159183
Cardstock and Designer Paper:
  • Card base and Inside Matte - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" for base and 5" x 3 3/4" for inside matte.
  • Scraps were used to punch out the 1 1/4" circles and for stamping the sheep heads.  They were stamped twice, once on the circle and then a second head was stamped for each of the five circles, fussy cut and adhered with dimensionals to give some depth.  Leftover scraps were used for the bows and sheep bells that were added adhered to the first image, before the dimensional raised heads were added.  
  • Hydrangea Hue (new incolour) mattes were cut for the front and inside that measured 5 1/4" x 4".
  • Designer Paper for final front matte is from the Paper Pumpkin Kit.  I cut a piece of the blue plaid cardstock down to 5"  x 3 3/4" 
Inks and Blends:
  • Momento Black ink was used to stamp the sheep 
  • Hydrangea Hue ink was used for the "birthday wishes" and "wishing you the HAPPIEST birthday yet" sentiments on the front and inside design.
  • Old Olive ink was used for the grass on inside design 
  • Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight light and dark stamping blends were used to highlight the sheep ears, cheeks and Copic soft gray was used to outline the sheep. 
Accessories: 
  • Dimensionals were used to pop up the flowers and sheep heads on the card front.
  • Die cut self-adhesive black plastic "happy" sentiment is from the Paper Pumpkin kit, along with the floral images and leaves.

Thanks for dropping by to check out this sketch and my interpretation. Let me know if you played along with the challenge or how you like my card. I'm always appreciative and interested to know what you think.

HAPPY STAMPING!
PENNY TOKENS STAMPIN' SPOT

Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo since 2006


2 comments:

donna mikasa said...

What a sweet take on the sketch with those adorable sheep! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week and sharing your card!

Kim S said...

How cute! I love each of those circles with the sweet little lamb faces! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Paper Pumpkin June 2026 - Hooray for Birthdays! AHSC #692 challenge

Here is the latest Atlantic Hearts weekly sketch challenge.  It's AHSC #692.   There are some wonderful samples from entrants and the De...