Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Watercooler Wednesday WWC#155 - "Anything Goes"

Welcome to this week's Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Our WWC155 challenge this week is an "Anything Goes". That means that anything you want to share with us is a-okay. It could be a card, a tag, a project, whatever. All you have to do to play along is take pictures of your "anything goes" and post to our Linsky by 5:00pm on Monday February 5th, 2018. Check out our rules and how to play along on our main page.  Kath Ricks is leading the way for our Design Team on this challenge.
Here's My Card:
My "Anything Goes" project features a technique called "Ghosting". Using this technique and the floral image from the "Amazing You" Sale-A-Bration stamp
I made a total of eight thank you cards in a very short time.  Here are some views of my cards: 

 

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Amazing You SAB 2018, Painted Harvest,One Big Meaning
Ink: Whisper White, Fresh Fig
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Fresh Fig
Accessories: Trimmer, Tom Bow Glue, Basic Rhinestones, Clear Wink of Stella, Purple Sharpie Marker, Heat Gun.


Details:
1. Card Base - Cut a piece of Crumb Cake 4 1/4" x 11. Score at 5 1/2".
2. 1st Layer - Cut a 5 1/4" x 4 1/8" piece of Fresh Fig and adhere.
3. 2nd layer - 5" x 4 piece of Crumb Cake.

4. Ghosting Technique:
  • Begin by stamping the flower from Amazing You on the 2nd layer with Whisper White Ink.  Set aside so ink dries or use a heat gun. 
  • Once the Whisper White ink has dried begin stamping over the images with Fresh Fig.  Make sure you offset the image slightly to create a shadow. And, that's all there is to this simple yet beautiful technique.




 5. To finish off the card face I stamped the "Thank You" from the One Big Meaning stamp set.  As you'll see later on I added some Wink of Stella and some rhinestones for some glam.

6.  I stamped the inside panel of the card with a sentiment from Painted Harvest and the flower from Amazing You.  I also stamped the back of the card with the flower and my logo stamp.  Another flower was stamped on the matching envelope. 

7.  Because I wanted to mail these cards locally instead of making a special trip to the postal station in town, I kept them very simple.  I added Clear Wink of Stella to the centers of the larger flowers and some of the greenery so there was some sparkle and shine without being weighted down with embellishments such as rhinestones.



I decided to add some Basic Rhinestones that I'd coloured with a purple Sharpie Marker to two of the cards I planned to hand deliver.  I also added some Wink of Stella to the flower centers before setting the rhinestones. 

The great thing about these cards besides, being super simple and fast to make, is that by having minimal to no embellishments added, they are inexpensive to mail. That's right - no extra postage and nothing to get mashed up in the postal machines. 

Thanks for dropping in and visiting my blog this week. I hope you enjoyed my project and that my tips on how it was designed were helpful. I love reading comments so before you go if you can leave me a few words of encouragement you'll make my day. 
 
Don't forget to check out the other Design Team Artist's at the Watercooler Wednesday Main challenge page. To get a closer look at their creations simply click on their name below their sample picture. Until next time..........


Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin Spot

14 comments:

Heather Hopson said...

Penny, what beautiful cards! I love how you two stamped and the colors are so vibrant. The inside of the card and the envelopes are awesome! Great inspiration, and I love your attention to detail!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks Heather for the comment. Most appreciated. I really had fun with this design and technique.

Heidi Weaver said...

What a beautiful set of cards, Penny, and such an easy technique. I love the way the craft Whisper White ghosting brings out the vibrant colours of the Fresh Fig. I love the way you've continued the lovely images into the inside of the card and the envelopes as well. Beautifully done.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Heidi thanks for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment. Yes the white enhances the colour and it was more vibrant in real time as opposed to the photos which didn't show that in the best light.

Patti H. said...

Love this gorgeous card! I just received that set & haven't had time to play with it yet. I'll be trying the ghosting technique as soon as I'm in my craft room. I have a mailing tip I'd like to pass along. I buy poster board when on sale, (usually 4/$100), cut it into 4x 5 1/4 PC's & lay it on top of any cards that have stones, sequins or bumps of any kind. This seems to go through the mail with no extra postage or hurting the envelope in any way. Easy to do & still allows for small embellishments w/o extra cost.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Patti thanks so much for dropping by and checking out my cards today. Have fun with your new set, I know you're going to love it. So many ways to stamp with it. I'm going to be posting more samples over the next little while with it. Great tip for the add in to the envelope to protect the embellishments. Will be trying that one out. Appreciated! Happy Stamping!

Celeste Goff said...

This is so beautifully elegant! I love the shadow stamping with the white ink...it adds just the perfect touch!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much for commenting Celeste. I'm happy that you found my card elegant, that was the look I was trying to achieve. Appreciated!

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous set, Penny ... the softness of the white ghost stamping adds a wonderful dreaminess to your cards ... and I love how you took the design to the inside and the envelope! Anita :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Anita, thanks so much for coming by and for leaving your lovely comment. The white layering does add a certain dreaminess to the card. I think the Kraft card stock lends a hand in that too.

Trina P. said...

These are beautiful, Penny. Awesome use of the ghosting technique. I would have never guessed.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks Trina for stopping by and leaving a comment. Much appreciated. Love the ghosting technique.

Helen said...

Such pretty cards, Penny. I love the ghosting. It really adds that something special!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks Helen. Appreciate your comment. Yes, it does kind of a special quality to the stamping. I'll be using this technique again.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...