Welcome to the Watercooler Wednesday challenge. This week's WWC119 Masculine "Anything Goes" challenge is being hosted by the very talented Judy Markowitz who recently joined our DT.
Here's My Card:
Today's card uses a mixture of stamps and die cut images and would be appropriate for a milestone birthday. I am including it in my "Month of May Eastern Palace Suite Samples as Project #6.
Stamp Sets: One Wild Ride,Guy Greetings and Balloon Adventures
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Basic Black, Basic Gray and Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Acrylic Blocks, Paper Trimmer, Eastern Medallions Thinlet Dies, Shaped Circles and Circles Dies, Best Badge Punch, Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers, Hexagons Dynamic Impressions Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Tom Bow Glue
How It's Made:
1. Card Base: Cut an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" base from Whisper White card stock. Score at 4 1/4". Randomly stamp the "texture" image from One Wild Ride in Momento Tuxedo Black ink around the edge of the front of the card base.
2. 1st Layer: Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" Basic Black panel. Before adhering it to the card base punch out a badge and a 2 1/2" circle and set aside.
3. 2nd Layer: Cut a 3 3/4" x 5" panel from Basic Gray card stock. Dry Emboss this panel with the Hexagons Dynamic Impressions Embossing Folder.
Using the large circle medallion from Eastern Medallions cut out a medallion from the left side of the card. Attach the outer petal ring from the Eastern Gold Vinyl Sticker around the edge of the medallion. Randomly stamp the "textured" stamp image from the One Wild Ride set in the top right and bottom left corner of this panel.
4. 3rd Layer: Cut a small and medium Stitched Shapes circle from Whisper White Card stock. Stamp the image of the old car from Guy Greetings on both circles. The image on the smaller one will overlap the circles edge at the back of the car, that's okay, because this circle will be glued to the larger one and the cars will be lined up so you see a full image. Stamp off with the textured stamp from One Wild Ridge across the front of the layers. Layer the Vanilla circles to the Basic Black one with Dimensionals and then adhere this to the enter of the medallion.
5. Stamp two badges from the One Wild Ride set onto Whisper White card stock. Cut off the white edge around one of the badges to remove the white space. Glue this badge to the one that was cut out from the 1st card layer. Cut out the "Journey" banner and adhere it to the center of the badge with Dimensionals.
6. Inside the Card: Cut a 5 1/4 x 4" panel from Whisper White card stock. Stamp the "Here's to Another Year Full of Adventure" from the Balloon Adventure stamp set towards the top of this panel.
I added a 3/4" x 4" strip of Basic Gray card stock and a strip of 1/4" x 4" Basic Black to the bottom of the card. It kind of looks like a road. I stamped the "Route 66" image on Whisper White with black ink and then fussy cut it out and mounted it with Dimensionals on the "road".
That's all there is to making today's masculine birthday card and I hope you found it inspiring. I really liked the way the images from the three stamp sets paired so well and I'm totally in love with those Eastern Gold Vinyl stickers. Who knew they could be so much fun!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot