Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Bringing Back Birthdays .... cards that is!

In this day of technology and speed most people tend to respond to special occasions and events by sending out e-cards and Facebook messages.  Sending or giving a friend a card the old fashioned way, is often overlooked by the sender, but the receiver never forgets the delight of picking up the mail and discovering something special, just for them.  It's like getting extra presents!

For my birthday this month I received greetings both electronic and by mail and I was delighted with all of them. Everyone was so thoughtful and it made my day so special.  

I just had to share three very special handmade cards I received.They simply made my day and you couldn't wipe the grin of my face or replace the joy in my heart as I opened them.  Thanks Betty Lee, Phyllis and Heather for not only remembering my day but for sharing in my joy of a hand made card and taking the time to drop them in the mail.  

Betty Lee's card was made with the beautiful Botanical Builder Dies and paper.  The tropical feel of this card just made me so happy.  I loved it!
Oops that stamen got a little bent out of shape when I was photographing this card.  The colouring on this flower and leaf are fantastic.  I also like the burlap die cut in the background.  It really enhances the sentiment.  Great job Betty Lee.

Phyllis' "Beautiful You".  This is like a mini piece of art!

I'm a super huge fan of the Stampin' Up! Beautiful You stamp set  and this card just embodies the versatility you can achieve by adding colour.  Beautiful Phyllis.  I was blown away by the colour mix and artistry in this card, not to mention the good wishes for my day!
Inside and out these cards designed by my wonderful sister Heather, were so awesome.  I'm a huge fan of Graphic 45 Designer papers and Stamps and this one is especially beautiful.  I love that this card is tall.  I'm so used to seeing A2 sizes that it was refreshing to get one in this style.  Something I'll have to remember. 

I love the sentiment Heather used for this card.  It's absolutely so true and I really try to live that mantra.   The stamped image reminds me of one of my favourite paintings by Jack Vetriano, "The Singing Butler".  Awesome!  Thanks so much Heather for remembering me in this way. 
I hope you enjoyed this card share as much as I did.  Once again ladies thanks for making my day!

Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot 

2 comments:

Heather Hopson said...

Penny, that is so true........There is nothing more Special than receiving a card and more Special is that it is Homemade and made with love. Thank You for the wonderful comments. They mean a lot. Love you to the Moon and back, Sister!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Heather you're simply the best. All three of you simply made my day when I received your beautiful cards. I absolutely loved your long card. So vintage and special!
Thanks again and I love you to the moon and back too!

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...