Wednesday, November 23, 2016

WWC95 Libby's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge


At the beginning of November I participated in Stampin' Ups! On Stage Local in Vancouver, BC as one of the display board artists. I was tasked with creating 15 samples featuring some awesome new masculine stamp sets that will debut in January in the upcoming Occasions Spring Catalogue.  

So I'm very excited that Libby Fens is hosting the WWC95 Masculine - Anything Goes challenge at the Watercooler Wednesday blog, because I get to share a sneak peak of one of those awesome new stamp sets with you.

Here's My Card:
Drum roll please....................... 

What do you think?  Are you excited?  This card features a few of the images from a soon to be released stamp set called "Nailed It".  Let me tell you there are 15 awesome tool related rubber stamps in this set, that are bound to make your masculine cards rock. And, to make it even better, there's a co-ordinating set of framelits called "Build It".  Look for this bundle when the new Occasions catalogue goes live on January 4th, 2017!  

Supplies:
Stamp Sets:  Nailed It, Jar of Love, Gorgeous Grunge
Inks:  Delightful Dijon, Basic Gray, Basic Black Archival, Versa Mark Pad and Pen
Card stock: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Silver Foil
Accessories:  Everyday Jars Framelits, Block E, Spritzer, Big Shot, Silver Sequins, Heat Gun, Silver Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Urban Underground Embellishments (New), Glue Dots Mini, Trimmer, Dimensionals and Tom Bow Glue.

Details:
While I can't give you many details about this stamp set or show you a picture of it just yet, I can tell you how I created the background for the screwdriver and the mason jar and assembled the card.

The card base was cut from a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Basic Gray card stock and it was scored at 4 1/4".  A 4 x 5 1/4" piece of Silver Foil was cut for the silver layer.  Note:  I never waste fancy papers like this, so before adhering this piece I cut a rectangle from the center and set it aside for another project.

1.  The background was created by directly inking an acrylic block (E) with Delightful Dijon and Basic Gray inks and then spritzing them with water.  Once the block was wet I pressed it down for a few seconds on the center of a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock. 

2.  Next I inked up the medium sized spotted stamp from Gorgeous Grunge with Basic Gray ink and stamped it randomly across the Whisper White layer. 

3.  The screw driver image was stamped in Basic Black Archival ink onto the block on the Whisper White layer.  I used a Versa Mark pen to colour in the shaft of the screw driver and then heat embossed that section with Silver Embossing Powder.  I stamped the screw driver again on Basic Gray card stock and fussy cut around the handle. The Basic Gray handle was adhered to the original screw driver image with dimensionals.   

4. For the Mason Jar:
  • I stamped two large mason jar images on Whisper White with Basic Black Archival ink and cut them out with the corresponding Framelit.  
  • I fussy cut out the inside of the jar on one of the images for the front of the jar.  
  • I adhered Adhesive Strip around the edge of the second mason jar to make a well for the shaker bits.  I filled the well of the shaker card with "bits and pieces"  from the Nailed It set that were stamped and embossed with Silver Embossing Powder and cut out with the matching framelits.  I also added silver seed beads and sequins. 
  • I cut out a third mason jar from an Acetate window sheet and glued this to the back of the front jar. I wiped this piece down with my Stamping Buddy, to remove static. I removed the sticky strip from the Adhesive strip and attached the front of the card to seal the shaker.
  • I stamped the lid for the shaker jar with Versa Mark Ink on Basic Gray card stock and them heat embossed it with Silver Embossing powder.  The lid was glued  over the Whisper White lid. I used sticky strip to attach the finished mason jar to the Whisper White layer. 

  • Three very realistic metallic "screw heads" were adhered with mini glue dots to the bottom right hand corner of the card.  This is another sneak peak of a new product called "Urban Underground Embellishments".  
Well that's it for my card this week, and I hope you liked it. I'd love to have your comments, and if you haven't checked out the rest of the WWC95 Watercooler Wednesday design artists cards make sure you do, there are some great samples.   

Over the next month I'm going to be showcasing some more sneak peaks featuring stamp sets from the new Occasions Catalogue I received for free for attending OnStage.  And, when the new Occasions catalogue goes live in January I'll be posting more of the projects I made for OnStage.  You're going to love them! 
Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great card. No significant other with whom to mess up at the moment but if I did, this would be the apology. So clever of you. Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving.

Heidi Weaver said...

What can I say, Penny? I thought the bundle looked interesting online (haven't gotten my catalogue, of course) and had it on my "tentative" list but now, seeing your card, it's on my "definite" list. It's much nicer than I anticipated. You've used it beautifully.

Penny Hanuszak said...

This is one of 15 projects I made with this bundle and another one that I'll be featuring in upcoming posts. Let me tell you it's well worth it's weight in versatility and awesomeness! Thanks for liking this card.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...