Considering the focus on our blowing trees, it seems pretty funny and timely to usher in Libby Fen's TREE theme WWC82 for the Watercooler Wednesday challenge today.
Here's my card:
I decided to use my Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing folder on my card face for this week's Tree Theme after watching a video by Diane Dimich on Youtube (see link at end of post). Without a doubt, this has to be one of my all time favourite embossing folders, and I decided to CASE her card.
I barely got to use mine last year before it was retired with the Holiday catalogue, so I was truly thankful that Stampin' Up! Demos were able to influence Stampin' Up! to bring it back in the 2016-2017 Annual Catalogue season. Here's my version using this folder:
|The beautiful grouping of trees on the inside of the card is from a retired stamp set called Happy Scenes. It works well with this embossing folder.|
Stamp Sets: Happy Scenes (R), Timeless Textures, Picture Perfect
Ink: Dapper Denim, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow (R), Wink of Stella Clear Brush
Card Stock: Always Artichoke, Dapper Denim, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Big Shot, Trimmer, Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Sponge Daubers, Aqua Painter, Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Tom Bow Adhesive
How I made it:
1. I used a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Always Artichoke for the card base and scored it at 5 1/2".
2. The first layer is cut from Dapper Denim and measures 4" x 5 1/4".
3. The second layer is a piece of 3 3/4" x 5" Whisper White card stock which was stamped with the tree scene from Happy Scenes and sponged with inks before being run through the Big Shot machine.
4. To colour the embossing folder open it up and working with a sponge on the side of the folder that has the "Sizzix" label on it, apply ink and stamping in this order:
- Sponge soft sky on the bottom 1/3 of the embossing folder, followed by Marina Mist.
- Sponge a circle for the sun in So Saffron towards the middle top of the embossing folder.
- Sponge Dapper Denim on the top 1/3 of the embossing folder.
- Stamp the tree scene from Happy Scenes twice on the bottom third of the embossing folder in Mossy Meadow ink
- Place Whisper White card stock inside the embossing folder. Before stamping look through the front of the embossing folder to set up the position you want your card stock to be stamped on, then run it through the Big Shot.
- Add details to the ground and trees using an Aqua Painter. I coloured the tree trunks in Crumb Cake, the grass in Mossy Meadow. I used a small speckled stamp from the Timeless Textures stamp set stamp set to make small speckles of Mossy Meadow and Crumb cake inks on the grass.
- Attach the Whisper White layer with Tom Bow Glue to the Dapper Denim layer.
6. I cut a piece of 5 1/4" x 4" Whisper White and attached it to the inside of the card. I stamped this panel with the tree scene in Always Artichoke.
7. To complete the card and add a little shimmer to the trees I used a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush along the sides of the tree trunks and branches.
I hope you like my tree card today. Here's a link to Diane Dimich's YouTube video that explains how to ink up the inside of the embossing folder. If you haven't tried out this technique before play around with it and see how much fun it can be. I know you'll enjoy it.
Well that's the end of my post for this week. I hope you've check out the rest of the design team at the Wacky Watercooler for this challenge. Leave us some comments, because we love to hear from you. We like it even more when you play along with our challenges, so hopefully we'll see you at the Watercooler. In the meantime...........
Penny Token's Stampin' Blog
August Hostess Code EZGKEM73