I always think of Summer as the season of heat and vibrant colours and this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge, our talented Gail Allen is bringing you just that. She's pulled together some pretty exciting summer colours to challenge our imaginations.
Here's My Card:
Since August is also a hot birthday month I thought I'd respond to this challenge with a gender neutral birthday card that's a fiesta of colour and images. We've got balloons, splotches and sparklers and it all says fun!
Stamp Sets: Balloon Celebrations, Stylized Birthday and Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Watermelon Wonder, Peek A Boo Peach, Daffodil Delight and Momento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Pear Pizzazz, Watermelon Wonder, Peek A Boo Peach, Daffodil Delight and Very Vanilla
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Balloon Bouquet Punch, Wink of Stella, Paper Trimmer, Sponge Daubers, Tom Bow Adhesive, Scissors
This is a pretty easy card to assemble - only ten steps required and it comes together really fast.
1. Cut the card base from Pear Pizzazz. It measures 4 1/4" x 11" and is scored at 5 1/2 for a top folding card.
2. Cut two pieces of Very Vanilla card stock measuring 4" x 5 1/4" - one is for the face of the card and the other is the inside panel.
3. Cut a strip of Watermelon Wonder card stock 1/2" x 5 1/4" and a strip of of Peek A Boo Peach 1/4" x 5 1/4".
4. Before assembling the front do the stamping on the Very Vanilla piece: Stamp the sentiment "Happy Birthday" from the Stylized Birthday in Pear Pizzazz towards the top center of this card stock. Make sure your ink pad is nice and juicy so you get a good impression.
|The Stylized Birthday is a one stamp wood mount image Order #141828. The image measures 2 1/4" x 1 3/4".|
Randomly Stamp splotches from Gorgeous Grunge in the challenge colours over the remaining Very Vanilla piece.
|Gorgeous Grunge - 5 piece stamp set comes in Wood(130514)and Clear Mount (130517). The stylized textured images really help create awesome images!|
|Balloon Celebration - 35 piece Photopolymer Stamp Set #140675|
5. Cut two 1/4" x 5 1/4" strips from the Very Vanilla piece. It should now measure 3 1/2 x 5 1/4. Glue this to the card base lining up on the right hand side.
6. Adhere the Watermelon Wonder strip on the left side butting it against the Very Vanilla strip. Center the 1/4" x 5 1/4" piece of Peek A Boo Peach down the center of the Watermelon Wonder strip.
7. Punch out balloons from scraps of Pear Pizzazz, Watermelon Wonder, Peek A Boo Peach and Daffodil Delight card stock. Stamp the balloons with the dotted balloon image. Position and stamp the balloon strings on the Very Vanilla card layer on the left side of the sentiment. Adhere the balloons with Tom Bow adhesive. The last balloon is mounted with dimensionals.
For some extra detail I ran the Clear Wink of Stella Glimmer Brush around the edges of the balloons and on the dandelions in the background panel. Love this stuff - it's subtle but picks up the light for some extra sparkle.
8. Adhere strips of Basic Rhinestones down the center of the Peek A Boo Peach strip to the top of the first balloon and from the last balloon to the bottom of the strip.
9. Finish the inside of the card with a 5 1/4 x 4" Very Vanilla card panel. Attach the two 1/4" x 5 1/4" stamped strips to either side of this panel. Stamp the sentiment "Let Us Celebrate" in Pear Pizzazz ink along the top left side of the strip, and add a couple of Gorgeous Grunge Splatters.
10. Stamp the top half of the balloon strings from the left hand bottom corner of the panel towards the center. Adhere one of each coloured balloon so they look like they are rising from the bottom of the card. I offset the orange balloon so it actually overlapped the edge, and then I cut off the excess balloon.
Okay now that was easy wasn't it? Did you like this colour combo? I hope you'll play along this week and link up your creation with our linky tool. It's easy and our team of design artists would love to see how you've used this colour challenge. If you're unsure go back and check out their cards - they're awesome! Oh and while you're at it leave us some comments because we like feedback too.
Penny Tokens Stamping Spot
August Hostess Code: EZGKEM73 use this code on orders under $200.00 and I'll send you something FREE.
August Bonus Days - If you earned BONUS DOLLAR(s) on your July order, don't forget to redeem by applying the code on your next order - Good until August 31st.
Paper Pumpkin BOGO PROMO - August 11th to October 10th - FIRST-time Paper Pumpkin subscribers can buy their FIRST month and get their second month FREE!