Tuesday, April 9, 2013

All Dressed Up Birthday Card

April is another busy birthday month for me, starting off with my dear mom's birthday on the 4th.  She was 91 this year........... it's amazing considering all she's been through!  Then my girlfriend's birthdays start and there are several, plus a graduation from business college.   

In preparation for this month long celebration of "girlie" life events I  ordered the All Dressed Up Bundle, Dress Form Pop n' Cuts and the Card Base Pop n' Cuts Big Die Cuts from the Spring Catalogue.  

I knew these exciting new products were going to come in handy for making birthday and celebration cards for my girlfriends and family members, but I didn't know just how much I would fall in love with them.  It's like being twelve again and playing with my Katie Keen cutouts!. 

So naturally, I'm really excited to showcase my first "All Dressed Up" card for you.  I know you're going to like it too (at least I'm hoping you'll tell me whether you like it or not)! 


This picture is of the card front.  I cut the card base with the Pop n' Cuts Card Base Die using a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Primrose Petals Card Stock.  This card base is very unique to Stampin' Up! as there are two slits at one end and the card base to close the card and a scrolled end which adds a little extra pizzazz to the card.  I layered up the stamped image on Pear Pizzazz, Primrose Petals and Whisper White card stocks.  The stamp image is a from a retired SU stamp set called Roses in Winter.  Although this image is no longer available, you could create a similar card using a more current version of this fabulous 2-step stamp set called Stippled Blossoms (Item #126745/126747 on page 78 of the IB&C). 

The images were stamped in Pear Pizzazz and Primrose Petals inks and then I used a Color Spritzer Tool to create a spattered look with markers. Three Basic Pearls complete the picture. 

Now there should be a drum roll here as I open the card because this is the show stopper.  At least I think so!!!!!
  
Just look at this dress and sweater set, isn't it simply the cutest? Very vintage and cool looking.  


I used some retired designer series paper for the inside of the card and the dress.  I really liked the "wallpaper" look achieved with this soft two-toned striped paper, and I think it  showcases the dress rather nicely. 

And, what entryway wouldn't be complete without a mirror?  Easy enough to add simply by cutting a small oval piece of Silver Glimmer Paper for the mirror  and adding a frame in Basic Gray.  Both ovals were cut out with the new Ovals Collection Framelit Dies, another great accessory from the Spring Catalogue.  

This picture shows the inside of the card.  It really pops up beautifully when opened.  I added a sentiment card layer in Whisper White and Pear Pizzazz card stock and stamped a small rose from the retired set called Baby Blossoms. Again Stippled Blossoms would achieve the same look. The sentiment is from another retired set called Happiest Birthday Wishes
Although not a very clear image, this will give you an idea of how the Pop Up works.  It doesn't show it fully extended as I was trying to juggle the camera and the card...........where's my husband when I need him.  Anyway, I' sure you you get the drift!
  • And here's the dress - isn't it just the cutest? I used the sleeved version of the dress in the All Dressed Up Framelits package.  
  • The DSP pattern is the reverse side of the striped paper. 
  • It was very simple to add a cardigan sweater to this outfit.  I wanted the sweater to come down over the dress hips, so used a 2" scrap of Pear Pizazz card stock over the framelit die.  Once the sweater was cut out, I scored the center on my Simply Scored board and cut it down the center to give me two sweater pieces.  The sweater pieces were arranged on top of the dress, so a little bit of the neckline on the dress showed. Small basic pearls were used for the buttons.  
  • I made a dicky out of a piece of scrap left from removal of the sweater neckline. The addition of this small piece seemed to tie in the dress and dress form better.  
  • The dress form which is another one of the framelit dies was cut out in Primrose Pink for contrast and glued on top of the dress form in the Pop n' Cuts outline. This adds a little more stability to the dress form.  
  • Finally, five medium sized Basic Pearls that come on the adhesive strip in the package, were used for the necklace.    

I'd sure like to hear your thoughts on this new card style and the design.  I know that the Pop N' Cuts Bigz Die Card Base and accessories will become one of my go-to tools in my accessory box this year, there is just so much more that can be done with them.  I hope to share lots of cards and 3D items using these stamps and accessories over the coming days/weeks.  

Now I'm off to create some more birthday cards..............stay tuned. 



Click Here to Visit My On-Line Store


LINKS TO CURRENT PROMOTIONS AND CONTESTS
CHECK THEM OUT:
Current Promotions:
  1. Spring Surprise Promotion – March 15 to May 30, 2013 
  2. Special Delivery – Sent With Love 
  3. This and That Promotion  
  4. Single Stamps Promotion – Extended to July 31st, 2013 Because of Enormous Response
a.    Assortment 3 
b.
  Assortment 4


  Contests:   
  1. Win a Trip to San Diego - Contest Closes April 30th!
  2. LNS Treasure Hunt Blog Hop - Win $150 in Stampin' Up! Products

Thanks for visiting my blog, I really appreciate it! Happy Stamping!  Please leave a comment if you liked this post and found it helpful!


Email:  pennyhanuszak@telus.net

1 comment:

Betty Lee said...

What a beautiful card...you are so talented. Thanks for sharing.
Betty Lee

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...