Monday, July 29, 2024

Berry Delightful Cards - Love Those Pretty Papers Card Challenge

EDIT:  Winner Love Those Pretty Papers Challenge! 


Just a note to say that I was chosen "Winner" for the challenge at Love Those Pretty Papers July Winners!  What an honour as this was their first challenge!  Thanks to Darlene Pavlick and Diane Hover, the hosts of this challenge.  Much appreciated!  Three Cheers for the Top Three Winners:  Imke, Annie and Liz Cavell.    Thanks so much! 

Penny 

Back to the Original Post: 

While I was on the Peace on Earth Christmas site, I saw a link to a new challenge site that I thought would be fun to check out.  It's called "Love Those Pretty Papers".  This site will be hosting an anything goes challenge beginning the first Saturday of each month and ending on the last day of that month.  The challenges will revolve around using up your papers and they will also include some optional themes to try out.  So let's get started.  


Here are My Cards: 

Optional Theme - Tri-angle Technique:  

I watched one of the suggested videos on making Tri-angle Cards and instantly fell in love with this simple card format.  Here are two samples of cards I made - because I just couldn't stop at one.  



Anything Goes - Ping Pong Pop Up Card: 

Here's another card I made for the anything goes portion of this challenge and the object was just to show off and use up some of my hoarded stash of designer paper.  I decided to stick with the Berry Delightful 6 x6 designer paper for this third card.  This card features paper with a strawberry pattern. I love the blend of reds, purples and blues in the design.    


This fancy fold card design is called a Ping Pong card.  What a fun and easy pop up design card.  I will provide details on how to assemble a "Ping Pong" card in a future post and share some of the other lovely cards I've made with this fun design.  


What a wonderful feeling to have actually created some beautiful cards using papers from my stash.  I love the colours and the Triangle card will now be one of my favourites as I like how the mashup of designs works.  


Thanks for stopping by and having a look see.  I'd really like to hear your comments on this paper, the cards or making fancy folds.  Does anyone else love creating interactive cards?  

Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot 

Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo since 2006

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Penny! You took "that's pretty" DSP and turned it into three stunning cards! I really like that little surprise card inside. When they've finished admiring the outside, the recipient opens the card and - wow! More to delight the eyes inside!

paper bag create said...

CONGRATULATIONS girlfriend on your WIN!!! GORGEOUS cards and you totally RAWK the ping pong table cards! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Penny! I love your cards and the selection of dsp that you used.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards, congratulations Penny!

Organizing Embossing Folders

Today's post is all about organization.  Some time ago I repurposed an old three drawer sewing cabinet into a cutting and embossing stat...