Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge #68

Our run of extreme hot weather finally broke today and we had some cool winds and a drop of four or five degrees in temperature which is so welcome.   Since our home doesn't have air conditioning it's been a constant battle to keep the interior of the house below 80 degrees and that sure does cramp your stamping style.  

Thank goodness for the Peace On Earth Christmas Sketch Challenge's bi-monthly anything goes challenge.  Just the thought of making another Christmas card  literally kept me cool in my craft room.  Here is their wonderful mood board:

Click here to see Design Team Cards and Enter Challenge

Here is My Card: 

I was inspired by both the candles and the red plaid designs in the mood board when I created this card.


Supplies:

Stamp Set:
  • Window Wishes by Stampin' Up! #159751
Dies:
  • Window Dies #159756  
Card Stock:
  • Whisper White - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" for base scored at 4 1/4"
  • Whisper White 5" x 3" mats x 2 for outside and inside\
  • Scraps to stamp candles and wreath
  • Shaded Spruce mat 5 1/4" x 4" for inside
  • Scraps:  Basic Black and Crumb Cake for Window Frame, Real Red for bow, Vellum for Window backing
Designer Paper:
  • Wrapped in Plaid 5 1/4" x 4" for front mat 
  • Wrapped in Plaid 3/4" x 4" for strip on inside mat
Ink:
  • Shaded Spruce for Wreath and sentiment
  • Real Red for candle base
  • Daffodil Delight for candle flames
Accessories:
  • Red Starform Stickers for berries on wreath
  • Dimensionals 
  • Blender Brush to apply a light coat of Daffodil Ink onto the back of the Vellum window backing
  • Tombow Adhesive

I hope you enjoyed this week's Christmas card challenge.  My little pile of cards is starting to grow, and while I'm not going to make my goal for July, it's inspiring me to make more.  


Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot
Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin Up! Demo since 2006 


No comments:

Organizing Embossing Folders

Today's post is all about organization.  Some time ago I repurposed an old three drawer sewing cabinet into a cutting and embossing stat...