Sunday, May 26, 2024

Taco Fiesta with FMS#637

I was inspired by the little squares on this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge to design a card using my Taco Fiesta stamp set.  What fun!  This stamp set has a such a cute assortment of toppings and fun sentiments it was easy to fill the squares and come up with a card that made me smile.  

Here's the Sketch: 

Card Sketch by Karren Card Sketch by Karren 

Here's My Card:


I have to confess I really goofed up when I was making this card front.  Somehow I managed to flip the layers when I was adhering the stack to the card base, and wound up with the squares on the left rather than the right side of the card. OOPs!  Since the design on the Day at the Farm DSP was multi-directional, it didn't really make a difference, so I left things as is.  


I had so much fun stamping and colouring these images.  You can't really see because of the camera angle but I wanted all the red bits to be shiny so I topped them with a layer of Nuvo drops to bring on the shine.  

SUPPLIES USED:

Stamp Set:  
Taco Fiesta #160732 - Stampin' Up! (R) 
Inside sentiment from an old retired Stampin' Up! set.

Card Stock:
Daffodil Delight:
One piece of 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" for base.  
Cherry Cobbler 
One piece of 4" x 5 1/4" for mat and 3 scraps the square mats measuring 
1 1/2" x 1 1/2" 
Basic White
Two 4" x 5 1/4" for front and inside layers and scraps for 3 mats measuring 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" for card front.  Scraps for stamping images. 

Designer Paper:  
Day at the Farm 12 x 12 Stampin' Up! (R) 

Ink:  
Momento Basic Black for Images and sentiments
Cajan Craze, Poppy Parade, Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Parakeet Party Stampin Blends for coloured images. 

HAPPY STAMPING!
PENNY TOKENS' STAMPIN' SPOT

Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo since 2006 
Shop in My Online Store 24/7



Join now for special offer! 



1 comment:

paper bag create said...

OMG Penny such a stinking cute card! The pattern paper is perfect for your Taco Fiesta card and you rocked the sketch. TFS.

Under the Moon - TSOT Challenge #648

Under the Moon One of the first sets I chose from Stampin' Ups! new annual catalogue was the Under The Moon eight piece photopolymer st...