Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Sweet Sunflowers August Paper Pumpkin Kit

I'm a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber and I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with the beautiful AUGUST Paper Pumpkin, called Sweet Sunflowers.  

This Sweet Sunflowers kit included enough materials to create 9 cards, but I know I'll make far more than that.  To start with it has 3 each of 3 card base designs and nine beautiful coordinating envelopes.  The Sweet Sunflower photopolymer stamp set has sentiments that will express words of gratitude, friendship and greetings and beautiful wildflower designed images.  Also included in the kit are some Vellum honeycomb shape pre-cut pieces and two Classic Stampin’ Spots in Crushed Curry and Soft Suede.  I love collecting the Classic Spots as they are great for stamping on the Stamperatus.  A free set of 8 Gold Foil Honeycomb Sheets came with this month's kit and I know I'm going to have fun dressing up my cards with these glossy accents.  

Paper Pumpkin kits always co-ordinate with Stampin' Up!s vast array of coloured products, and this month's kit is no exception.  Here are the colours that will work perfectly with the materials in this kit: Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Evening Evergreen, Melon Mambo, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler.

The five cards I've made are my own alternate ideas and I've included the supplies that I used to make them.  I hope you'll enjoy them.  

Card Number 1:  

For this card I started with a Whisper White Base measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". Blackberry Bliss mat measures 5 1/4 x 4" and before I adhered it I cut out a large stitched square piece from the center.  The dsp panel measures 3 3/4" x 5" and is cut from one of the kits card bases.  

The sentiment is stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink on a smaller stitched square and then layered on the Black Berry bliss square.  A few rhinestones were added along with a leaf image from the stamp set.  



Card Number 2:  

Essentially this card has the same dimensions and mat sizes as Card Number 1, however the card base is Blackberry Bliss followed by a Mossy Meadow layer.  The dsp layer is simply beautiful in design.  


I stamped the sentiment " Wishing You So Much happiness" on Whisper White card stock and then fussy cut all the words.  I love how that turned out.  The flower is one of the vellum accent pieces in the kit and I added three rhinestones for some glimmer. 

In the kit you get several bumble bee images that can be mounted on mini dimensionals.  I added two that were flying in the same direction.  So sweet.  

Card Number 3: 

For this card I started with one of the green card bases from the kit and added this beautiful panel, which I mounted on a blackberry bliss frame.  The ornate label was die cut from the center of the Blackberry Bliss panel along with the stitched circle used for the label in Card 2.  No waste when you die cut elements from your mats.  No one is going to see them once they are covered anyway.  

Card Number 4: 

The dsp in card number four is actually one of the decorative envelopes cut up and used as the layered mats.  I used the scalloped rectangle die from the Scalloped Contour Die set to cut from the center of this 3 3/4 x 5" mat.  I attached the scalloped mat with dimensionals over the space left when it was cut out.  

The card base was cut from Mossy Meadow cardstock and the first mat layer is Calypso Coral.  Loved the contrast it added.  For the sentiment I once again fussy cut the words, but left the phrase "wishing you so much" in tact and mounted it on one of the small blackberry bliss element strips from the kit.  I also added another velum flower and a small piece of the velum honeycomb to the sentiment piece.  Love it! 

Card Number 5:

This card is made with another of the beautiful  honeycomb panels which I mounted on a piece of Mossy Meadow card stock.  I cut the card base from Crushed Curry and loved the contrast that provided.  The two flowers are from a recently retired stamp set called Friendly Hello and worked perfectly for adding some more dimension to the card.  

Well that's it for today's post.  I have lots more ideas for using up the products in this kit and I hope you've enjoyed what I've shown you so far.  If you don't want to be bothered with having a lot of stamping tools and products kicking around purchasing kits like Paper Pumpkin is really a very simple way of being creative without a lot of material and costs.  

Unfortunately Paper Pumpkin kits are always for sale until the 10th of the month, so if you missed out on this kit, you're really out of luck.  My fingers are crossed that they'll offer a "refill" kit, and if so I plan to offer a class.  You won't want to miss that.  

If you'd like more information about subscribing to Paper Pumpkin on a monthly or annual basis, please call and I'd be happy to share that with you.  Also I'm planning a Monthly Paper Pumpkin get together starting in September so if you're interested in that call me for the details.  

All Paper Pumpkin subscriptions must be completed the 10th of the month to ensure you get the kit for the next month.  Click here to set up a Paper Pumpkin subscription: 

Happy Stamping!

PENNY TOKENS STAMPIN SPOT

Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo



No comments:

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #572:

April has sure been living up to its reputation for rain showers but it's been really on the cold side which isn't normal for this t...