Our challenge is open until 5:00pm Mountain Time on Monday May 21st. If you are entering other challenges remember our rule about only entering a maximum of 8 challenges including ours, so you're not disqualified from winning our Rock Star and or as a runner up Rockers All the rules and details are on our home page Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.
Before we get to my card I'd like to welcome our Guest Designer Stephanie Lanzalotto, who is filling in for Gail Allen on this weeks challenge. Stephanie has designed an awesome card, so I hope you'll check it out.
Here's My Card:
I've been busy getting cards ready for a Father's Day class that I'm doing towards the end of May. This is the first of four masculine cards for that event.
Stamp Set: Truly Tailored #145735 SU
Card Stock: Night of Navy, Very Vanilla and Crushed Curry
DSP: True Gentleman Designer Series Paper
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Big Shot, Alphabet Dies (Cutter Bee 54-80032), Tailored Tag Punch, Star Embellishments (Urban Underground), Dimensionals, Tom Bow Adhesive.
1. This is an A2 card. The card base is cut from Night of Navy card stock and measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is a top fold scored at 4 1/4".
2. The first layer on the card front is a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Crushed Curry.
3. The top layer is a piece of plaid designer series paper from the True Gentleman paper collection. It measures 5 x 3 3/4".
4. The lettering was cut from Night of Navy and Crushed Curry card stock with the Cutter Bee Alphabet dies. I cut two of each colour, layered and glued them together ending with a Crushed Curry piece. I used a sponge dauber and sponged around the top edges of the letters. The individual letters were spaced across the center of the card and adhered with Tom Bow glue.
5. I stamped the "To A Classy Kind of Guy" image from the Truly Tailored stamp set onto a scrap of Very Vanilla and fussy cut it out. Then, I punched out a tag from Night of Navy and glued the two tags together and mounted it with Dimensionals in the bottom left corner beneath the letters. I really like that Tailored Tag punch.
6. The metal star embellishments in the top right hand side of the card were left over from last year's Urban Underground suite. I think they add a masculine feel and just the right balance to this card.
7. The inside of the card started with a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Very Vanilla card Stock. The sentiment "Wishing You a Dapper Day" and the corner images are from the Truly Tailored stamp set and were stamped in Night of Navy ink. I added a 1" x 4" piece of the plaid paper to the bottom of this panel to tie it in to the front of the card.
Well, that's it for today's card. I hope you liked it and it will inspire you to create your own Masculine cards. I really liked the clean crisp look of this card. The plaid paper really adds a masculine feel as do the bold letters.
If you haven't already stopped by the home page for the Watercooler Wednesday challenges, go have a look. The rest of the Design Team have added some really awesome cards that I know you'll love. Thanks to all of you who participate in our challenges it's really appreciated and we love seeing all the talent that you bring to our site. Wow, you're all amazing.
Until next week........................
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot