This week's Watercooler Wednesday Challenge is being hosted by Tenia Nelson and it's "All About Occasions". We hope you'll play along with us and post a card or project. Like the scrolled list says it can be "Any" occasion such as a birthday, wedding, sympathy, retirement - the sky's the limit.
It's easy to link up to our challenge and it's open until 5:00pm on Monday April 16th, 2018.
Here's My Card:
I needed a milestone birthday card last week for a girlfriend who's sensitive about her age. I wanted to give her a laugh and not emphasize her actual age so I chose this great stamp from Artistic Impressions called "29 Again". I think it worked out perfectly.
Stamp Sets: 29 Again Artistic Impressions (AI), Picture Perfect Birthday, Swirly Birds
Ink: Emerald Envy, Momento Tuxedo Black, Skin Toned SU Blendability Markers
Stampin' Blends: Crumb Cake, Light Pink,
Card Stock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Emerald Envy
Accessories: Paper Trimmer, Sequins, Aqua Painter, Tom Bow Glue
1. The card base is an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Basic Black card stock, scored at 4 1/4".
2. The first layer is a 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" piece of Emerald Envy card stock.
3. The third layer is a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White that has been stamped with the small to large swirly circles from Swirly Birds stamp set. I only stamped from the top left corner to the bottom right corner, leaving some white space on the upper right of this panel.
4. There are three layers to the image panels. The first one is a piece of Basic Black that measures 2 1/4" x 4 1/4". The next panel in Emerald Envy measures 2 1/8" x 4 1/8", and the Whisper White panel the image is stamped on measures 2" x 4".
5. I stamped the "29 Again" AI image with Momento Tuxedo Black ink. The image is coloured with an Aqua Painter directly from the Emerald Envy ink pad. I used the skin tone Stampin' Blendabilities that were out a few years ago for the facial features, legs and arms.
6. The inside panel measures 5 1/4" x 4" and is stamped with the sentiment and party blowers from a Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set. Love this set!
|I love these stamps from the Picture Perfect Birthday Set .... what fun!|
If you haven't checked out the other members of the Watercooler Wednesday Design Team, be sure to do so. They've done such a fabulous job on their cards this week. Click here to return to the Watercooler Wednesday WWC#165 challenge.
I'm also entering this card at the following challenges:
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot