We have a new challenge for you today on Watercooler Wednesday, hosted by Kath. She's challenging us to create something for an "Occasion". The WWC152 challenge is open to everyone until Monday January 15th at 5:00pm MST. So why don't you join us, who knows you could ROCK THE WATERCOOLER!
Here's My Card:
The occasion I'm celebrating is my friend "M's" upcoming birthday. I wanted to create a sophisticated and glam card for her and I think I hit it on the mark with this "Double Z Joy Fold Card".
Stamp Sets: Dragonfly Dreams and Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Card Stock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Old Olive
DSP: Merry Little Occasions
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: Big Shot, Paper Trimmer, Stitched Shapes (Circles) Dies, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlet Dies, Dimensionals, Tom Bow Glue, Sticky Strip, Large Basic Rhinestones, Green Sequins,Wink of Stella.
The Base Panel is 11' x 5 1/2" Basic Black card stock scored at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2". Use bone folder to crease score lines in Mountain and Valley folds.
For the panel layers cut:
- Front Panel cut a 2 1/2" x 5 1/4" Whisper White and a 2 1/4" x 5" piece of DSP and adhere.
- Inside Panel cut a 2 1/2" x 5 1/4" Whisper White and a 2 1/4" x 5" piece of DSP and adhere.
- For Square panel cut a 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" Whisper White and a 5" x 5" piece of DSP and adhere.
For the panel layers cut:
- For Square Panel cut a 3 1/2" square of Basic Black, a 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" piece of Whisper White and a 3" x 3" piece of DSP and adhere.
- For Inside Panel cut a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of Basic Black, a 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" piece of Whisper White and a 2" x 3" piece of DSP and adhere.
- For the Last Panel cut a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of Basic Black and a 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" piece of Whisper White. Adhere. Stamp the sentiment "It's Your Day" from Happy Birthday Gorgeous set in Old Olive ink. adhere.
Cut three Dragonflies using the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlets - 2 from Old Olive and 1 from Basic Black and adhere in a stack. Add large basic rhinestones down the spine. I coloured the wings with Wink of Stella to give some luminescence.
1. Add Tom Bow Glue to the back of the last panel of the Joy Fold section. this will be attached at the midway point on the large square panel.
Once it's attached, fold up both the the Joy Fold Panel and the Back Panel and add glue to the left edge of the Joy Fold Panel and secure to the Back Panel. Tip: Before you add the adhesive check your panel placement to get your best position.
Once the panels are adhered together attach the circle and Dragonfly to the front panel and add some sequins.
Well that's it for this week's card. I hoped you enjoyed it and will try this fancy fold. You'll find it is a quick and easy card to assemble and the sky's the limit in terms of decorating it. It can be used for any occasion. I'd be happy if you'd leave me your thoughts on this card.
If you haven't visited the Watercooler Wednesday main page and checked out the cards by the other Design Team members you can click here to link back. You won't be disappointed. Lots of inspiration this week.
Penny Tokens Stampin Spot