We've had lovely new neighbors move into our park and last week they held a wonderful Open House to introduce themselves and meet everyone. I wanted to make a special card to not only welcome them to our "neighborhood", but also to thank them for their hospitality and such a fun evening.
Here is my "Welcome to the Neighborhood' card.
Stamp Sets: In the City Photopolymer Stamp Set, One Big Meaning
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Smokey Slate
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Sky, Smokey Slate, Lemon Lime Twist, Garden Green, Tangerine Tango, Hello Honey, Dapper Denim. Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Pool Party
Accessories: Acryllic Blocks, Detailed Scissors for Fussy Cutting, Dimensionals, Tom Bow Adhesive
|In the City is a 60 piece Photopolymer two step stamping set that is only available through Stamping Rewards and is in the 2017/18 Annual SU Catalogue.|
In the City is a really fun photopolymer two-step stamp set with 60 images that present endless possibilities for creating cards and projects. When I first got this set I couldn't decided which of the images I wanted to use, so rather than sweat about it, I just sat down and began stamping on scrap paper.
|I store my pre-stamped images in a photo case. Perfect! When I'm watching TV I can fussy cut out the images of my choice and keep them safe in this case.|
|Simply a great way to use up all those scraps of Whisper White I had hanging around!|
The beauty of pre-stamping and colouring is that I can pick and choose what buildings, trees, or vehicles I want to use at a later time. You can also load up an acryllic block with multiple images for the first step and stamp them all at one time. Later you can go in and colour them with the second stamps or by hand with a marker.
1. Start this card with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Basic Black card stock. Score and fold at 4 1/4".
2. The second layer is a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White.
3. The third and final layer is a piece of Smokey Slate card stock cut out with the 4 3/8" x 3 3/8" Pinpoint Rectangles Die Cut (memory box).
4. The sentiment Welcome to our Block is from the In The City stamp set too and was perfect for this card. It was stamped on a scrap of Whisper White in Momento Tuxedo Black ink. The strip measured 1/2" x 2". This was mounted on a piece of Smokey Slate and Basic Black card stocks and adhered to the center bottom of the card face with Dimensionals.
5. Various building shapes, trees and vehicles were added with Tom Bow adhesive and Dimensionals.
6. A 5 1/4" x 4" panel of Whisper White was cut and adhered to the inside of the card. I stamped a "thank you" image from the One Big Meaning stamp set in the center of the page. Sorry I can't show you, I didn't take a picture of the finished page before giving the card away. Trust me it looked good.
7. I stamped another Thank You image from this set on the envelope front as I was hand delivering and I wanted it to look good too.
And that's all there was to this card. I know I'll be using these sets lots as they're so much fun and so easy to use together. I hope you enjoyed this post and my card and that you'll leave me a comment.
Don't forget to drop by the Watercooler Wednesday main page and see the wonderful "Occasions" cards submitted by the other members of the Design Team. Lots of inspiration there. We're also searching for a new Design Team artist so if you're interested check out how to apply. All the details are at the top of the here.
Penny Tokens Stampin Spot