Welcome to this week's challenge at the Watercooler. Libby is hosting this week and has brought us a wonderful Sketch Challenge. We're hoping you'll fall in love with this sketch as much as we did and join in the fun. Our link is open until 5:00pm MT on Monday April 10th, 2017.
What a delightfully easy and cool sketch to work with. It was so cool in fact, that I combined it with Stampin' Up!s Cool Treats Photopolymer Bundle to make this fun birthday card.
|Cool Treats Photopolymer Bundle|
Since the sketch works either horizontally or vertically, I decided to flip it and put the stripes on the left side of the card rather than the top. I like how it turned out. I thought it would be fun to use designer paper for the stripes so chose the coordinating Tasty Treats designer paper.
Stamp Set: Cool Treats #142982, Occasions Spring Catalogue
Ink: Early Espresso for the sentiments, Watermelon Wonder, Pool Party, Peek A Boo Peach and Crumb Cake for distressing the ice cream scoops and bowl
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Tasty Treats
Accessories: Big Shot, Trimmer, Misti, Acrylic Block, Large Dots and Textured Lattice (R) Embossing Folders, Tom Bow Glue, Dimensionals, Sequins, Frozen Treats and Stitched Shapes Framelits, 1/2" and 1 3/8" circle punches
1. The card base is an 11" x 4 1/4" piece of Crumb Cake card stock scored at 5 1/2" for a top fold card.
2. The first layer is a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Pool Party card stock adhered to the card base.
3. The second layer is a 5" x 3 3/4" piece of Watermelon Wonder that was partially embossed using the Large Dot Embossing Folder.
4. Three strips of "Tasty Treats" DSP measuring 3/4" x 5 1/2" were cut and adhered to the left side of the Watermelon Wonder layer after it was embossed. The excess paper from the strips were trimmed off with scissors before adhering this layer to first one.
5. The two circles were cut from Pool Party and Whisper White card stock with the Stitched Shapes framelits. I just love the tailored look of these die cut images. Sprinkles were stamped in Watermelon Wonder ink on the right hand side of the Whisper White circle and then the circles were adhered to the Watermelon Wonder layer.
6. The Crumb Cake bowl was die cut and embossed with the retired Square Lattice Embossing Folder and sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink and a sponge dauber.
7. I found it cumbersome to fit the ice cream scoops behind the bowl, so I cut a circle from a scrap of Whisper White card stock with a 1 3/8" circle punch and used it as a base for the scoops to sit on. I cut three 1/2" circles for the ice cream scoops and three ice cream drips to adhere to the tops of the circles from Watermelon Wonder, Pool Party and Peek A Boo Peach card stocks. To add some depth each of these pieces were sponged with their corresponding inks and a sponge dauber.
To assemble the scoops I started with the Peek A Boo Peach scoop in the center of the 1 3/8" circle, followed by the Watermelon Wonder scoop on the left. The Pool Party scoop was added with a Dimensional on the right. Once all the circles were in place I adhered the bowl with Dimensionals.
8. To finish the card I stamped the sentiment "You're the Cherry to My Sundae" from the Cool Treats Stamp Set on the lower right hand side of the Watermelon layer in Early Espresso ink. Thanks to my Misti the sentiment came out nice and dark.
|Cool Treats is a 36 piece Photopolymer stamp set that also can be purchased in a bundle along with the Frozen Treats Thinlets. This is sure to be a popular set this summer. It's got lots of great sentiments as well as sweet treats to stamp.|
10. The inside of the card has finished with a 5 1/4 x 4" panel of Watermelon Wonder and a 5" x 3 3/4" panel of Whisper White. The beautiful "Happy Birthday" sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso and I added a small ice cream cone die cut in the bottom right corner and a few sequins.
Well that's it for my post for this challenge. I think it was indeed a "Tasty Treat" and hope you'll drop me a comment to let me know how you liked it. If you haven't already, make sure you check out the other Watercooler Wednesday Design Team Artists cards for ideas.
I hope today's card has inspired you to create a card of your own using the WWC113 sketch challenge. You have until 5pm MT on Monday April 10th, 2017 to enter your creation.
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot