|Merry Mice 7 piece stamp set #142142 (wood) or #142145Clear Mount. Also available in French. Page 23 of the Holiday Catalogue|
Stamp Sets: Merry Mice, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Cookie Cutter Christmas
Card Stock: Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Water Colour Paper
DSP: This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink: Tuxedo Momento Black Ink, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Dapper Denim, Soft Sky, Pirouette Pink, Smokey Slate
Accessories: Big Shot, Trimmer, Holly Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Tom Bow Adhesive, Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine - Whisper White with Red Metallic Thread, Mini Glue Dots, Wink of Stella Clear
1. The card base is a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Garden Green card stock scored at 5 1/2". I've chosen to do a top fold card and have flipped the original sketch to the top.
2. The first layer is a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock.
3. The second layer is a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of "This Christmas Specialty Designer Series paper".
4. The third layer is a 1/2" by 4 1/4" strip of Garden Green card stock that was embossed with the Holly Embossing folder. I mounted this strip with dimensionals across the face of the card and left a small strip of the Cherry Cobbler card stock visible at the top.
5. The fourth layer is a 3" x 4 1/4" piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock that is mounted on the DSP layer with dimensionals.
6. The final layer is a 2 3/4" x 4" piece of water colour paper on which I coloured the image. Before adhering this piece to the Cherry Cobbler layer, I wrapped it with a 12" piece of Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine. I used the Whisper White with Red Metallic thread spool.
7. I stamped the sentiment "Merry Christmas" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set in Garden Green ink at the bottom of the water colour paper layer. I chose this stamp because of the dots underneath the sentiment. They match the diagonal red dots in the designer series paper.
8. I had so much fun colouring this little guy and the more colours I added the more animated he became. Don't you just love the expression on his cute little face? He just makes me smile!
You can't tell from this picture but the book has a shiny gray cover achieved by covering it with Glossy Accents. I also added some sequins with Mini Glue Dots and Wink of Stella Clear on the White strip of the mousies hat, the pom pom and the musical notes.
I brushed on Soft Sky ink in the background around the mouse and Smokey Slate beneath him. I think he turned out pretty cute!
9. For the inside of the card I cut a 4" x 5 1/4" layer of Very Vanilla card stock. I embossed the top of the layer with the Holly Embossing Folder and stamped the sentiment "Have Yourself A Beary Merry Christmas" from the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set in Cherry Cobbler. I used scraps of Garden Green and DSP on the base of the layer. The Garden Green measured 1" x 4" and the DSP 6/8" x 3 7/8".
Well that's it for this week. I'd love to hear what you think of my card or this stamp set. Let me know what your favourite images are at Christmas, I'd love to know. And, don't forget to check out the other design artists for this Watercooler Wednesday Sketch Challenge, they've created some awesome designs.
Oh, and if you like this holiday card be sure to come back on September 15th as we're having our September Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop and we're going to be featuring our favourite holiday stamps and accessories from the new 2016 Holiday Catalogue.
Penny Token's Stampin' Spot
September Hostess Code: 2KDCKBQE