Marsha is our host and she's presented us with a color challenge featuring four very cool colours and a neutral. Are you up for the challenge? If so get at 'er as I'd love to see you join in the fun!
Here's My Card:
I used the sketch from Create With Connie and Mary's Sketch Challenge CCMC415, and, I'm really pleased with how this card came together.
Stamp Sets: Flower Shop, Banners For You, Occasional Quotes (R)
Ink: Night of Navy, Sweet Sugarplum, Mint Macaroon, Pink Pirouette
Card Stock: Night of Navy, Sweet Sugarplum, Mint Macaroon, Pink Pirouette and Very Vanilla
Accessories: Baby Wipes, Big Shot, Acryllic Blocks, Trimmer, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Tom Bow Ink, Sparkle Embossing Folder (New), Wink of Stella, Sponge Dauber, Pansy Punch
|The inside of the card shows the verse from a retired Stampin' Up! Stamp set called Occasional Quotes. The flowers were cut out and pasted onto the card base.|
- Very Vanilla card base measures 5" x 10" and is scored at 5"
- Night of Navy layer measures 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Sweet Sugarplum layer measures 3 3/8 x 3 3/8"
- Pink Pirouette layer measures 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 and is embossed with the new Sparkle Embossing Folder. The edges are sponged with Pink Pirouette ink.
- I used a 1/2" strip of Night of Navy and a 1/4" strip of Mint Macaroon for the accents.
- The flowers were stamped using the Baby Wipe Technique and the inks are Mint Macaroon, Sweet Sugarplum and Pink Pirouette. The edges are sponged in Mint Macaroon. The top flower is raised with dimensionals while the others were added with Tom Bow adhesive.
- The sentiment stamped in Night of Navy is from the new Banners stamp set ............love it!
|Banners For You is a 32 piece Photopolymer Stamp Set and coordinates with the Bunch of Banners Framelits. Save 10% when you buy as a bundle.|
So are you going to join in the fun? I hope so. Details are at the Watercooler Wednesday site, and if you haven't already done so, make sure you visit the Design Team's blogs to see for more inspiration.
Penny Tokens Stampin Spot