"You've Got This" is one of those sets. This 5 piece set is available in clear mount of wood mount styles and is available in both English and French versions.
Both of my Make N' Take cards at my Catalogue launch party in early June, used this set, and it was a big hit.
Here's our first Make N' Take:
- The card base is Baked Brown Sugar, one of last year's In Colours. It measured 4 1/4 x 11" and was scored at 5 1/2".
- The card front was embossed with the Large Polka Dot TIEF
- The first layer is in Watermelon Wonder that measures 3 3/8" x 4 1/8"
- The next layer is a piece of Pink Pirouette that measures 3 1/4 x 4". Before adhering this to the previous layer it was stamped with the background image in Watermelon Wonder and then the floral image was stamped in the center in Momento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- To complete the floral image the flower head was stamped in Tuxedo Black Ink on Watermelon Wonder card stock. The center of the flower was embossed with Black Embossing Powder. The image was cut out and adhered to the original stamped image with dimensionals.
- The stem of the flower was stamped in Tuxedo Black Ink on Mint Macaron card stock, cut out and glued to the original flower image with Tom Bow Glue.
- The sentiment "I'm here for you" was stamped in Bake Brown Sugar ink on a piece of 1" x 3 1/2" Whisper White card stock. The end was cut into a banner with the new Triple Banner punch.
- The last layer of the sentiment was cut from a 1 1/4" x 4" piece of Watermelon Wonder cardstock, then the sentiment layer was glued on with Tom Bow Glue and 3 basic rhinestones were added for some dazzle. This piece was attached on an angle to the card front with dimensionals.
- A 5 x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock was cut for the inside of the card and it was stamped with a single floral image in Baked Brown Sugar ink.
|I used a versamark pen to dab some ink in the center of the flower and then applied black embossing powder and heat set it. It really makes the flower center pop.|
Our second Make N' Take used both the You've Got This stamp set and the new hostess set "Happy Birthday Everyone". What a great duo!
The Happy Birthday Everyone stamp set is one of this year's exclusive Hostess stamp sets and I know it's going to be really popular. Just look at these sentiments, there's something for everyone on your list.
I used the new In Colours for these fun cards and they looked great in every single colour: Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Dijon Delight, Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe.
My Open House attendees made the Mint Macaron version of this card. Everyone was amazed and happy with how quickly this card came together.
- Cut an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of Mint Macaron card stock and score at 4 1/4" for the card base.
- Cut a 4" x 5" piece of basic black card stock and adhere to the card base.
- Cut a piece of 3 3/4" x 5" of Whisper White card stock for the next layer.
- Stamp the background stamp from the "You've Got This" stamp set in the center of the card with Mint Macaron ink.
- Ink up with Versa Mark Ink and stamp the sentiments towards the middle top part of the background stamped image. Apply Black Embossing Powder and heat set. Tip: If you're using a clear mount stamp set mount the sentiments together on a large clear block. Test stamp the image on a scrap of paper to make sure the stamps are lined up properly and you're pleased with the image before stamping on the card face. Make sure you clean the block before stamping with Versa Mark ink.
- Next, stamp the butterfly image from Papillon Potpourri in Mint Macaron ink towards the bottom left of the Whisper White layer. Punch out the image with the Elegant Butterfly Punch. Set the butterfly aside.
- Adhere the Whisper White layer to the basic black layer.
- Place a small line of Tom Bow glue down the center of the butterfly's back (on unstamped side) and adhere in the space left when it was punched out. Let it dry for a few minutes and then lift the wings so it looks like it's in flight. Place a strip of 4 small rhinestones down the butterfy's back.
- For the inside cut a 5 x 3 3/4" layer of Whisper White card stock. Stamp a Mint Macaron butterfly image in the lower right corner. Stamp the "Good Things Are Going To Happen" sentiment in Versa Mark Ink. Cover with Black Embossing Powder and heat set.
|Inside of the card|
|Tip Top Taupe|