Monday, December 22, 2014

Holiday Home Christmas - A Cased Christmas Card


When you come across a card that makes you just stop in your tracks and suck in your breath, do you try to re-create it? That's precisely what happened to me when I stumbled on a card by Carol King. I just had to drop everything and make my own version.

I found this card originally created by Pam Stoner of Florida and then cased by Carol King of Perth Australia on Carol's blog, King's on Paddington.  

Carol wrote an excellent tutorial on how to add all the details to this card, so, I won't go into any great dialogue here other than to say, this card is truly amazing.  I followed Carol's tutorial and came up with 35 cards of my own which I happily sent out to customers and friends for this Christmas. I've also shown other stampers how to re-create this beauty.  

Here's Pam Stoner's original card:
 
Original card created by Pam Stoner and posted on her blog Pam's Paper Playhouse
Here's Carol King of Kings on Paddington version:

Carol changed up her version of Pam's card and created a wonderful tutorial which you can find on her blog by clicking on the link above. 

Here's My Version of both cards, done my way:




Supplies:
Stamp Set:  Holiday Home with Coordinating Framelits, Lovely as a Tree and Gorgeous Grunge
Card Stock:  Real Red, Night of Navy and Whisper White 
Ink:   Night of Navy, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Real Red and Smokey Slate
Accessories:  Sponge Daubers, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Oval Framelits, Post it Note sheets for masking, White Embossing Powder, Dazzling Details, Big Shot, Stampin' Up! Trimmer, Dimensionals and adhesive. 


Here's Some Variations of My Version:
I love all the dimension in these cards.  The trees looked like they were were real!



If you received one of my card's these cards from me this Christmas I'd love to hear from you.  Leave me a comment after this post.

Merry Christmas and Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens

4 comments:

paper bag create said...

Girlfriend...this is a Jaw dropping GORJUS card!!! I almost fainted on the spot when I opened mine in the mail. THANK YOU so much and Merry Christmas to you and Bob!!! Big HUGS!! xoxo

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thabnks Sheri! Glad you liked it and glad it was such a WOW card! I wanted to share the technique with you, but because I was giving you one, I kept them a secet. Made them back in October so they were all ready to mail for Christmas! Best wishes to you and Colin!

Betty Lee said...

Thanks so much for this card Penny. I have been showing it off and bragging about you this Christmas Season.

Penny Hanuszak said...

I'm glad you liked the card, that makes me so happy. Unfortunately your post doesn't have a name with it, so I can't thank you personally. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and all the best in 2015.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...