Sunday, December 28, 2014

Cards from my Friends


As a child, it seemed like all the count down and hoopla to Christmas was endless and the days were extra long.  As an adult the days before and between Christmas and New Years seem to have become a blur, and are here and gone before you can yell "St. Nick". 

This year is no different.  Another Christmas has come and gone and it's almost time to clear up the decorations and put away all my treasures for another year.  But before I do I thought I'd take one last look at the beautiful handmade cards I received from friends and family that put a smile on my face for the season. So, here we go:


This beautiful screen card created by Phyllis and featuring Holiday Home, was one of the first Christmas cards I received this year and it totally blew me out of the water.  You could have literally heard my jaw hit the ground when I took it out of the envelope.  I've shown this card off a lot since receiving it, and I think you'll agree with good reason. 

Holiday Home is a 24 piece Photopolymer stamp and coordinating die set that can be purchased in a bundle.  It comes in English, Spanish and French. 
The detail in Phyllis' card is incredible.  Each tiny piece has been cut out and decorated with the utmost care. 

I even love the way Phyllis used a cloud to write her Christmas wishes on, and incorporated it into the screen.  Well done! 

Here is another exceptionally beautiful card I received from Cheryl Lefore.   Cheryl used the Wonderous Wreath stamp set for this gorgeous card.  There is a lot of dimension and detail in this card and to protect it from being flattened in a normal mailing envelope Cheryl sent it in a clear plastic mailing envelope.  That in itself was like getting a present.  Talk about exciting!
The word Joy was cut from gold foil card stock using the Wondrous Wreath Framelit dies and was attached to the wreath with dimensionals.  The little berries are actually clear red seed beads all individually glued on. 
Here's the little plastic envelope that protected this card so well.  I'LL have to make or get me some of these!
I wish you could see all the embossing in this beautiful Poinsettia card from Betty Lee. She quite literally is the Queen of Embossing in my books! Not only did she emboss the beautiful sentiment on this card, but she has masked the leaves of the poinsettia and embossed the center of the flower in red.  A simply beautiful card inside and out!

This last card was made by my dear SIL Elise.  What a creative person she is.  She always sends me the best cards.  Love those snowmen, they're so much fun!    
These aren't cards, they're my beautiful Christmas Cyclamens on my front porch, but I just had to share this picture. They've been blooming for two months now and even though the temperatures are really cold, they're hanging in there.
Well that's it for today's post.  I have more cards on the way, that have been caught up in the mail, so when they arrive I'll be sure to share them.  Thanks to Phyllis, Betty Lee, Cheryl and Elise for their beautiful cards, I was so overjoyed to receive them.  Hope you enjoyed these. 
Happy Stampin!
Penny Tokens

No comments:

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...