Saturday, May 19, 2012

Embossing Powder and Glitter Storage


I love organization and when I found a Pinterest link to Janet Morrow Wakeland's fabulous blog Remarkably Creative, I knew I'd struck it rich and wanted to share one of her remarkable ideas with you.

Janet was celebrating her Sweet 16th year with Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator and wanted to show her appreciation by having a free draw. She was looking for a special give-away prize and decided to make her's based on a K-cup storage idea she'd seen on Pinterst.  Here's what she came up with.  Isn't this just too cute?
When I read Janet's post and looked at this picture I became super excited about getting one of these holders for all my embossing powders and glitter that currently are in a drawer.  With all good intentions I repinned her picture and link to my Pinterest Organization Board, and then just as quickly forgot all about it.  Tell me it isn't just me that does this??

While shopping at Costco this week I stumbled upon one of these K-cup holders, going for $15.95 and it all came rushing back to me. I just couldn't resist and purchased one.  I could barely contain my excitement all the way home. 
This unit has a very strong swivel base which makes it very easy to turn.  The large Stampin' Up! bottles of Embossing Powder and Glitter fit in the slots extremley well.  The smaller bottles are looser  and have a tendency to slip through the holders if you spin the rack too quickly. I'm not likely to do that, so this is just something to be aware of. 

All in all I'm so pleased to have this unit.  Here's what I did with mine. It's not as fancy as Janet's but it works like a dream.  Love that swivel base and the fact that it fits securely on my shelf within an arm's reach.  
Hope you enjoyed this post!

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

Neat idea.

Snowmanlover said...

What a great idea! Hugs!!! barb

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #572:

April has sure been living up to its reputation for rain showers but it's been really on the cold side which isn't normal for this t...