- June is the month with the longest daylight hours in the Northern Hemisphere and the shortest daylight hours in the Southern Hemisphere.
- June's birthstone is the "pearl" and other gemstones that are celebrated this month are Moonstone and Alexandrite. The meaning is health and longevity.
- June's birth flower is the Rose.
- For those of you who follow astrological signs the sun rises in Gemini and ends in Cancer.
- The summer solstice is celebrated on June 21st
- Father's Day in Canada and the US is celebrated onthe 3rd Sunday in June.
- June is sometimes called the "marriage" month
- June is a very common first name for women (#176 out of 4276) and also a very common last name for both men and women (#8724 out of 88799). (1990 U.S. Census)
- Famous women named June included June Alyson, June Lockhart, June Cleaver (sure there's more)
- Stampin Up releases their retired lists in June (see previous note).
Welcome to My Blog Penny Tokens Stampin Spot
This is my little creative get away spot in a very hectic world. I love to stamp, meet other stampers and share my inspirations. So come and, sit for a while, explore my site and leave a comment when you can.
PENNY HANUSZAK, CONSULTANT, Independent Stamping Up Demonstrator, http://pennyhanuszak.stampinup.net
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Today is the first day of June and it is such a wonderful month. According to Wikkipedia June is the 6th month of the year with a length of 30 days and it is sometimes called "The Season of the Unicorn". I found some of these interesting facts about June and thought I would share them: