Friday, July 17, 2009

Birthday Box - Another UStamp With Dawn and Friends Project

Here is another UStamp with Dawn and Friends project I completed yesterday. This time the Design Team Member was the fabulous Tracey Olds from new Zealand. Tracy's original project was made using the Friends 24/7 Stamp Set and Brocade Blue, Night of Navy and Bella Blue designer papers. Once again I'm improvising as I didn't have any of those supplies (although I sure intend to get that stamp set...LOL).
How many of you rely on writing down your friends and family's birthdays or anniversarys on the calendar and then have to rewrite them again for the new year. Well this project simplifies all that in such a fun way. This would make a great gift for the new bride, or even an old one for that matter......LOL!

For my project I used a retired Simply Scrappin Kit that I just loved. It's called Sunshine Garden. You can do so much with these kits - the possibilities are endless. The cardstock is textured Certainly Celery for the outside of the box, and the individual month cards. Ribbon was 1/4" Barely Banana Grosgrain Ribbon.

What do you think? Another great project! Hmm anyone interested in buying one of this year's great Simply Scrappin' Kits (see pages 166-167 of the IB&C) and coming to a class in August? Let me know and I'll send the details. Class Fee $10.00 plus cost of kit and S&H.

Note: Payment for kit and class fee is due prior to scheduled event.

2 comments:

Alysabeth said...

LUV this Penny:o) Maybe you could teach us how at the layin' Rubber get together?

Chanda said...

Penny, this is just adorable! So cute and such a wonderful idea! Thanks for your kind words on my scrapbook page! I really did case the thing from Dawn at DOStamping, LOL! Have a great day!

Chanda

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...