To start, I'd like to share some pictures of my card prep for the awesome swap organized by Lori Souter and friends. This was a 64+1 card swap and the theme was "New Catalogue Stamp Sets". We were to receive one card for each new stamp set in the 2013-2014 catalogue. That's right 64 new stamp sets including hostess sets and wheels.
Unfortunately it didn't quite go as planned because of a mix-up in swapping times, due to a change in the Convention schedule. It was unfortunate because I was really looking forward to being able to share all 64 cards with you.
Regardless I'm blown away by the talent demonstrated in the cards I did receive. And if over the coming weeks the ones I'm missing are posted, I'll provided some links so you can catch up on those ones too.
So buckle your seat belts and come along for the ride, because I have some awesome swaps to share with over the coming week. You're going to love them!
Here's My Tea Party Swap Card:
I made a total of 70 of these cards. The numbers in the supply list below in brackets show the number of sheets of card stock it took to make these cards.
- Card stock: Very Vanilla (35), Crumb Cake(19)
- Ink: Early Espresso and Crumb Cake
- Stamp Set: Cup of Tea
- Stripes, Modern Mosaic Embossing Folders and Beautiful Wings Sizzlet, Big Shot Machine
- Ovals Framelits
- Large Tag Punch
- Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon
- Basic Rhinestones
- Adhesive, Sponge Dauber
- Sharp scissors for fussy cutting (a lot of that!)
|I tied 70 of these teeny little Crumb Cake Taffeta bows using the "fork method". There is virtually no waste when tying ribbon this way and you ensure all bows are uniform.|
|I stamped the Cup of Tea image in Crumb Cake ink onto the center of each of the Very Vanilla Layers using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure the ovals were centered on the card, and then removed the ovals with the Oval Framelits Die.|
|Once the oval was removed this layer was embossed with the Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder. I did all the sponge daubing with Crumb Cake ink prior to embossing the layers.|
|I loved the shabby chic look of this layer once it was embossed.|
|This picture shows my seven piles of card pieces. Each pile consists of 10 of every layer and element used on the card.|
|This picture shows the 10 piles of completed cards prior to being placed in their plastic sleeves.|
|Here you can see a closeup of the detail in the finished card.|
|The finished card. Ta Da!|
Let me know what you think.