Sunday, September 8, 2024

Let It Snow Tag Card - AHSC #593

This week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge the sketch was designed by Michelle and digitalized by Brandi.  Here it is: 


Here's My Card: 


I was excited to make this card because I was able to use two of the dies from my new Greetings of the Season Dies and stamps set.  I'm already in love with the large tag die in this set which is the perfect size.  The stitching around the outside edge is very delicate and really gives a nice finished look to the tag.  


This Greeting of the Season Stamp and dies are not available in any of the Stampin' Up! catalogues, so don't waste any time looking for them there.  They were just released as part of the Online Exclusives and can only be purchased on line while supplies last.  The photopolymer stamp set has 21 sentiment stamps.  I used the verse "May Your Holiday Season be Filled with Warmth and Cheerful Celebration" on the inside of the card, and it has a beautiful mix of fonts, which I thought was a nice touch.  

I was also happy to use the "Let It Snow" stamp from the long retired Merry Little Labels stamp set and coordinating tag punch.  I absolutely love the deer standing in the trees.  

Supplies:

Stamps and Dies: 

  • Merry Little Labels (R) #144795 - for Let It Snow Tag
  • Perfectly Framed Stamp #151668 - for To and From
  • Greetings of the Season- #164326 - for inside sentiment

    • Greetings of the Season Dies #164112 for Stitched Labels 

    Cardstock and DSP:

    • Whisper White 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" for card base scored at 4 1/4", inside mat 4" x 5 1/4" 
    • Brushed Gold Foil - 4" x 5 1/4" for card front mat and 3" x 4" for gold gift tag
    • Basic Black 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" for card front mat, scrap piece for tag layer 
    • 3 3/4" x 5" Christmas DSP by Stampin Up Retired

    Ink:

    • Momento Tuxedo Black 

    Accessories: 

    • Gold 1/8" ribbon #134583
    • Dimensionals 


    Thanks for dropping by and checking out my card for the challenge.  That's one more towards my Christmas stash, and it's reminded me to get busy making gift tags.  Until next time...........

    HAPPY STAMPING!
    PENNY TOKENS STAMPIN' SPOT

    Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo since 2006 


    7 comments:

    Alyson Mayo said...

    Great card in back and gold - very elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    Brandi said...

    I love the black and gold theme, and the layers of your tags is great, I struggle with layering tags and things so I appreciate when it is done great and it was done great! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    Penny Hanuszak said...

    Thanks so much for your lovely comment Brandi. Layering tags is one of my big struggles too so your kind words about this one, were very meaningful to me and encouraging. Appreciate your taking the time to comment and validation.

    Penny Hanuszak said...

    Thanks so much Alyson for your comment on this card. My husband said why are you using Black, White and Gold for your card, and I said "because I can and I love the combo". I'm glad you liked it. Appreciated.

    LeAnne said...

    This is so very pretty! It's amazing how much better images and sentiments look when they're actually stamped rather than just in the catalog! The tag is perfect! So glad you were able to play with our sketch this week at Atlantic Hearts!

    Golden Goddess Designs said...

    absolutely gorgeous! I love that hint of shine! great job! thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts challenge. Good luck!

    Alicia

    Penny Hanuszak said...

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my card Alicia. Yes, there's just something about a little glint of gold or silver shine that brings a card to life.

    WORLD CARD MAKING DAY OCTOBER 5 2024

      Who:           Everyone is invited! When:        October 5, 2024, from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. (MT) Where:       Online Cost:            Free ...