Sunday, April 28, 2024

Masculine Birthday - Adventurous Sky FMS#

Welcome back and thanks for visiting my blog.  Today I have another masculine birthday card to share with you that features a soon to be released designer series paper from the 2024/25 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue.  

I found Linda's Freshly Made Sketch challenge very helpful in designing my card and organizing my elements.  Here is this week's Freshly Made Sketch #633 sketch:

HERE'S MY CARD: 
This birthday card started out with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Boho Blue cardstock which I scored at 4 1/4".  I added a 4" x 5 1/4" Copper Clay mat.  Before adhering this layer I used my Rectangle Stitched dies to cut out a mat for the dsp.  

The next mat is a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 3 7/8" x 5".  I embossed this piece with a retired embossing folder called "Into the Clouds".  This was the perfect addition to the white layer adding so much texture to this plain card. 


The 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 piece of designer paper fits neatly onto the stitched rectangle layer and really sets the focus for this card.  The designer paper is aptly called "Take to the Sky" and it's part of the "Take To The Sky Suite". The two plaid pieces are from another piece of dsp from this pack. 

For the inside of the card I used my favourite masculine "happy birthday" sentiment which is from the retired Perennial Birthdays stamp set.  I stamped the sentiment and airplane image in Copper Clay ink.  The biplane image is from the soon to be released "Adventurous Sky" stamp set.  The sentiment "Flying By to Say Hi" is also from that stamp set, and is stamped in Momento Black ink. 


I hope you enjoyed this masculine birthday card.  I'm really pleased with the sketch and how the card turned out and know that I'll be doing more with this suite in the near future.  It's such a quick and easy card to create and a great way to put your dsp to work.  Check out the FMS Challenge too as there are so many great samples this week for inspiration.  


HAPPY STAMPING!
PENNY TOKENS STAMPIN SPOT
Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo since 2006
COUNT DOWN IS ON - ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT! 
DON'T MISS OUT!





4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love these retro planes! Great card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

paper bag create said...

What a great masucline card Penny!! Love it, especially the embossed clouds background. TFS. :)

Karren said...

Fabulous masculine card using such a wonderful colour combo. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Heather Hopson said...

Great card Penny! Just love what you did with the colors and the embossed layer. Perfect!

Rock Star Masculine Birthday Card

We finally have some good weather and have spent the week tidying up in the garden and the garage.  Visits to the recycling plant to get rid...