Saturday, February 10, 2024

What's the Link?

Organization Tip for February: 

In 2024 I've decided to post some tips on a monthly basis that may help my followers organize their craft space.  Here is the first tip this year, related to recycling.  

When you look at this picture you may be wondering "What's the link between breakfast sausages and papercrafting?" Well, I found one and I'd like to share it with you today.  

To begin with, I'm fairly organized and I love to recycle and do my part to keep plastic, glass and other non organic materials out of the landfill.  Before tossing any packing materials away, I look for useful ways to repurpose them.  Here's a link to one of my posts where I made a Stampin' Spot holder out of a chocolate box.  

I buy my breakfast sausages at Walmart, and they are packed into these clear plastic holders.  After I've removed the sausages I wash up these trays in hot soapy water and they are ready to go to work in my craft space. These trays which are about 6 1/2" x 7 3/4" really work for me.  Why are the useful?  They are the:

  • Perfect size for holding cut images 
  • Stackable
  • Easy to keep clean - just rewash in warm soapy water
  • Basically they are free.
    This is a stack of eleven trays each holding projects I'm currently working on. 

Stackable

Great for holding blends or markers while you're working 

Perfect for holding your inks or stamps 

Great for holding all the bits and pieces of ephemera while working on a project.  

I also like these larger plastic trays when I'm working Paper Pumpkin kits.  While they do take up more storage space, they work well to keep the kit pieces separated and close at hand.  

Here is the large tray on the bottom, and I'm able to fit the smaller tray across it to hold more project pieces.  

This smaller tray is perfect for holding the stamp set, ink spot, dimensionals, and glue dots for the Paper Pumpkin kit and fits perfectly across the end of one of the larger trays

The larger size tray works perfectly to separate all the card parts.  


Well that's it for today's tip of the month.  Hope you find it useful.  Happy recycling! 

Happy Stamping! 
Penny Token's Stampin' Spot 

2 comments:

Heather Hopson said...

Penny,
You taught me this idea as well, and I am utilizing the plastic tray's too. As you said they are stackable and reusable and we are saving them from going into the landfill. I also have been using the butter tart box's. They are cardboard and are stackable as well. You can also label one end of the box as well for when you are going to stack them. I think they are Grandma Lee's and they come individually wrapped.
Great idea's Penny!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks for popping by and your wonderful comment Heather. Glad to hear you're making use of this recycling tip, and I love your idea about the butter tart boxes. Will have to look into that. Happy Stamping!

Rock Star Masculine Birthday Card

We finally have some good weather and have spent the week tidying up in the garden and the garage.  Visits to the recycling plant to get rid...