Sunday, July 3, 2022

Sympathy Card with Flowing Flowers

 


Although this stamp set recently retired I wanted to share this very special card I made for a neighbor whose husband passed away after a valiant struggle with cancer.  

The Flowing Flowers stamp set is part of the "distinktive" stamps that give a very deep impression and look very realistic.  To make this card, I began by stamping various floral images, leaves, butterflies and hand written text on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of whisper white card stock.  This technique is called a One Sheet Wonder (OSW).  I stamped the images with Highland Heather, Fresh Freeshia, Polished Pink, Soft Succulent and Tranquil Tide inks.  


When I had finished assembling this card, I made a serious mess stamping my contact information stamp on the back of my card, and the image was all smeared.  I would never be able to send a card out like that, but luckily I had an additional 4" x 5 1/4" panel of the OSW cardstock, so I adhered that to the card backing and Voila the card looked pretty again. 
The inside of the card features whisper white panels that are trimmed with 1/2" x 5 1/4" strips of the OSW and sentiments stamped with Tranquil Tide ink.  These sentiments are from a retired Stampin' Up! set called "Love & Sympathy".


I stamped the floral image from the Love & Sympathy stamp set in Garden Green and then adhered the small flower cluster from Flowering Thoughts with dimensionals.

I hope you liked this card and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the extra layers for the inside and how you cover up stamping boo boos like I did on the back of the card. Enjoy!
Until the next time............

Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot 


1 comment:

paper bag create said...

Such a Pretty card! Love the colour combination also. TFS. :)

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives April 2024 and Sketch Challenges

The past week was so busy that time literally flew by.  I have a number of projects on the go, including working on my April 2024 Paper Pump...