Monday, June 8, 2020

Tasteful Touches - Feathers

Hi everyone I hope you had a terrific weekend and were able to get out and about.  I managed to squeeze in some crafting time and make some thank you cards using one of my new stamp sets, Tasteful Touches which I featured here and here in my recent sneak peeks.  



My first card is an elegant "thank you" designed in black and white that combines the feathers and greenery from Tasteful Touches stamp set with die cuts from Painted Labels Dies.  Its quite a feminine card and the card itself was designed around the cluster of feathers. 


Tasteful Touches Stamp Set Item #152562
This card starts with a Basic Black card stock base measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is scored at 4 1/4".  I added a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White that was embossed with the new Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.  


I wish you could see and feel the texture and deep impression created with this new embossing folder.  It's amazing and it totally changes the look of the white space on this card.
The next two layers are a 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" piece of Basic Black layered with a 3"x 3" piece of Whisper White that's been cut out with the largest square die from Stitched Shapes Dies.

The black circle base for the feather design and the three silver glimmer paper leaves were cut using Painted Labels dies.  The silver and black flowers were cut with the Poppy Moments Dies.

Poppy Moments Dies have a great selection of centers and leaves.
I stamped two feathers and one cluster of leaves with Momento Black ink and fussy cut each of the images.  I fiddled a bit with the composition of this cluster before it came together, but when it did, I was very pleased with how it turned out.  I've used mini and regular sized dimensionals and glue dots to hold it together.  The sentiment "Sending Many Thanks" is from a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set called Petite Pairs and it's stamped on Whisper White and was cut out with the smallest circle in the Stitched Shapes dies, and then mounted on a piece of black card stock punched out with the scalloped circle punch.
For the inside of the card I cut a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock and stamped a sentiment from Rooted in Nature.  In the bottom right corner I stamped some of the small square clusters and the feather.  

My second card has a much more masculine feel to it.  My concept when I started to make this card was to layer some Whisper White rectangles that had been stamped with the feather stamp and this is what I came up with. 

I was very pleased with the layout of the rectangles and how they really show case the feathers.  The card base is a standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Whisper White with a side score at 4 1/4".  I've layered a 5 1/4
 x 4" piece of Basic Black, followed by a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White that was embossed with the Textured Textile Embossing Folder.  

The large rectangle with the multi-stamped feathers has a Basic Black Base measuring 2 1/4" x 4 1/4" and a Whisper White layer measuring 2" x 4".  The smaller rectangle has a black base measuring  2" x 2 3/4" with a Whisper White layer measuring 1 3/4" x 2 1/2".   The sentiment from Petite Pairs is stamped on the small circle from Stitched Shapes dies and I've added the square stamp image stamped off.  Some Clear Epoxy Droplets were added.  

For the inside of the card I used a Basic Black Base measuring 4" x 5 1/4" followed by a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock.  I stamped the sentiment "Words are Never Enough" from the Rooted in Nature stamp set and a single feather in the bottom corner.   

Rooted in Nature is a very versatile stamp set and includes wonderful sentiments.  I like the fonts and size of the sentiments as well as the words and the images are outstanding. 


Well that's my post for today.  I'm really enjoying the Tasteful Touches Bundle. My next project with this set will include the actual Tasteful Labels die cuts and some of the sentiments from this set.  I hope you'll come back and see those projects too.  
  

Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot 

2 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

Such gorgeous, graceful cards,Penny! I love the neutral colour palette, and your added detail touches are always spot-on.

Heather Hopson said...

Wow Penny! Two stunning cards. I love your design and your color choices.

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives April 2024 and Sketch Challenges

The past week was so busy that time literally flew by.  I have a number of projects on the go, including working on my April 2024 Paper Pump...