Monday, May 25, 2020

Stampin' Up! Sneak Peek...... Tasteful Touches

Hi everyone.  May is flying by and there's only ten more sleeps before the much anticipated launch of Stampin'Up!s 2020/21 Annual Catalogue on June 3rd.

One of the perks of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is you get to purchase catalogue items early on a pre-order basis.  So while the clock is ticking down I thought I'd share a sneak peek at one of the new stamp sets I ordered from the new catalogue.  

This red rubber cling stamp set, called Tasteful Touches, is part of a larger suite called In Good Taste.  I purchased the stamp set and it's coordinating Tasteful Labels Dies as a Bundle. 

As soon as I looked at this set I fell in love with the flower image and was excited to use it to create this Anniversary card for a friend who's silver anniversary is coming up.  
  


She wanted something romantic and soft so I used a combination of Blushing Bride,Smokey Slate, Whisper White and Basic Black card stock to create this card.  I also used some silver foil for a layer and a label and incorporated some silver embossing.  

For the card base, I began with an 8 1/2"  x 5 1/2" Blushing Bride card base.  I stamped the leaf design from Tasteful Touches with Versa Mark ink around the edges of the card front, sprinkled it with Silver Embossing Powder and heat set the design.     
I'm very frugal when using specialty foils and designer papers, so to make the most of them I cut out die cuts from areas that won't be seen once the layers are stacked.  
For this card I used the Stitched Rectangle dies to cut out the Smokey Slate and Silver Foil layers.  I also cut out the 1" x 3 1/4" Basic Black layer for the sentiment from the bottom Basic Black layer.  

I used the two large die cuts for my layers and the smaller banner die cut will be used for another project down the line.  Both the banner and the label are from the Tasteful Label Dies.   

Here you can see all the layers added to the finished card.  I cut out the decorative edge die cut in Blushing Bride using a die from the Painted Labels Dies.  Oh my.  This little edge fit beautifully on the left hand side of the sentiment layer.  Beneath that I added the silver foil label and some leaves die cut in Blushing Bride from the Poppy Moments Die set.  The silver detail on the leaves was added with a Versa Marker Pen and Silver Embossing Powder.   

I love the verse from the Tasteful Touches stamp set.  It's so meaningful.  Although I chose to use a Stitched rectangle die to cut out the sentiment after I embossed it on the Basic Black card stock, there actually is one of the dies in the Tasteful Labels dies that fits perfectly with this particular sentiment. 

I fussy cut the two rose images after stamping them in Smokey Slate ink on Blushing Bride card stock.  I used the Versa Mark Pen to add some dots to the centers of the flowers and to the petals before heat embossing them with Silver Embossing Powder.  These flowers were popped up with Dimensionals and some silver thread was layered beneath them.  

For the floral Smokey Slate layer I started off with a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of Smokey Slate card stock.  I stamped two of the floral image on post it notes and fussy cut these for masks, then I randomly stamped the floral image on this piece using the masks when needed.  I used Smokey Slate ink and the flowers show all the beautiful details for a great back ground paper.  

I used the masks again to stamp multiple flowers in the lower right hand corner of the inside panel in Smokey Slate ink and then added some leaf sprays in Blushing Bride to finish off .  The Happy Anniversary sentiment stamped in Smokey Slate is from a retired Stampin' Up! set 

Once the card was completed I stamped a Stampin' Up! Whisper White envelope with the floral image.  Just couldn't get enough of that stamp image.  It's simply beautiful and so detailed.  
I hope you enjoyed my card today.  I really enjoyed making it and I know my friend will be happy with how it turned out.  

Be sure to check out the In Good Taste Suite when the catalogue goes live on June 3rd.  It's sure to be a favourite.  Although I've only showcased a few of the images from the stamp set everyone of the 9 rubber stamps are awesome.  

Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! This card is beautiful.

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives April 2024 and Sketch Challenges

The past week was so busy that time literally flew by.  I have a number of projects on the go, including working on my April 2024 Paper Pump...