Our host for this week's "Feminine - Anything Goes" challenge is Helen Finlay. Helen has started us off with a beautiful card inspiration. This challenge will remain open from today through 5:00pm Mountain Time on Monday May 7th, 2018, and the details are posted on the main page of the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog. See you there!
Here's My Card:
From the time they arrived on the scene Stampin' Ups! Butterflies Thinlets were one of the most ultra feminine embellishments I could incorporate into my card designs. They brought me pure joy! I've chosen to CASE one of my own favourite card designs using these thinlets. I hope you'll enjoy this project.
Here's My Original Card:
This is such a great card design. I've used it many times and changed it up by using different pieces of designer papers and embossing folder backgrounds. This is also a great card for using up paper scraps. Not much is required. Changing the sentiment and embellishment also gives this card a different look. All in all a great design layout to have in your arsenal of 5-10 minute card design sketches.
And here's my updated version:
Stamp Sets: Stylized Birthday
Card Stock: Whisper White, Tranquil Tide and Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper
Ink: Tranquil Tide
Accessories: Big Shot, Paper Trimmer, Petal Burst Embossing FolderButterfly Thinlet Dies, Tom Bow Glue, Basic Rhinestones - small,
1. The card base is an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Whisper White scored at 4 1/4".
2. The Whisper White layer measures 5 1/4" x 4" and was embossed with the Petal Burst Embossing Folder. Note: If you don't recognize this Embossing Folder design it's probably because I reversed the panel and I'm showing the "de-bossed" side.
|Debossed side of the Petal Burst Embossing Folder|
4. The Happy Birthday sentiment from the Stylized Birthday stamp set was stamped in Tranquil Tide on a 2 1/4" x 3" piece of Whisper White card stock. It was mounted on a 3 1/4" x 2 1/2" piece of Tranquil Tide card stock and then mounted with Dimensionals a 1/4" from the bottom of the DSP panel.
5. The beautiful butterfly was cut with the medium sized die from the Butterflies Thinlets. A row of small Basic Rhinestones was adhered to the spine of the butterfly and this die cut was attached on an angle above the Happy Birthday sentiment with Dimensionals. I fluffed the butterfly wings up to make it look like it was in flight.
6. I kept the inside of the card fairly simple by adding a 4" x 5 14" panel of Whisper White card stock to which I'd adhered a 1/2 x 5 1/4" strip of the DSP.
Voila that's it for today's card. I have to be honest, I'm terribly sad to see these delicate thinlet dies retire, at the end of May, but I probably will continue using them. How about you will you be sad to see them go? Have you used these dies and are they one of your favourites too? I'd love to hear from you
If you haven't visited the Watercooler Wednesday main page, click here. You don't want to miss all the beautiful cards created by our Design Team. Until next time...............
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot!