Wednesday, February 7, 2018

WWC156 - Penny's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge

Welcome to this week's Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  I'm happy to be your hostess this week and hosting a Feminine "Anything Goes" challenge.   Last week's Watercooler Wednesday Challenge received over 50 amazing entries from stamping gals all over the world.   This week I'm challenging you to beat that total and join me in making and posting a card or project with a Feminine theme.  How cool is that?
Our challenge is open until 5:00pm on Monday February 12th Mountain Time.  To participate just link your project to our Watercooler Wednesday challenge site through the Linksy at the bottom of the main page.  Check out the rules we have posted and may be you'll Rock the Watercooler.  What fun!  

Here's My Card:
For my feminine card I chose to make a birthday card using stamp sets and embossing folders from Stampin' Ups! brand new Occasions 2018 catalogue and their Sale-A-Bration flyer. 

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Amazing You (SAB-18) 147215, Picture Perfect Birthday #145519
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Watermelon Wonder, Old Olive
Card Stock: Whisper White, Old Olive, Watermelon Wonder
Accessories:  Big Shot, Simple Stripes and Scattered Sequin Embossing Folders, Everyday Jar, Stitched Shapes and Circle Dies, Aqua Painter, Paper Trimmer, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, Basic Rhinestones and Facetted Gems.

Details:  
This card began with a Whisper White card based measuring 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".  

I added the following layers:
  • a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Watermelon Wonder
  • a 4 3/4" x 3 3/4" piece of Whisper White 
  • a 3 5/8" x 4 5/8" piece of Old Olive 
  • a 3/12" x 4 1/2" piece of Watermelon Wonder that was embossed with the  Simple Stripes Embossing folder.
  • two 3" circles cut from Watermelon Wonder and Old Olive embossed with the Sequins Embossing folder 
  • a 3" circle cut from Whisper White with the Stitched Shapes thinlet dies that was stamped with the Amazing You floral image, the sun, and the sentiment "you".  
I stamped the floral image in Momento Tuxedo Black onto the 3" Whisper White Circle.  I stamped it again on a post-it-note, fussy cut this and used it as a mask. I stamped the sun in Peek-a-boo Peach above the flower.  The flower was coloured with an aqua painter and Watermelon Wonder Ink.  
Thanks for dropping in and visiting my blog this week.  I hope you enjoyed my project and that my tips on how it was designed were helpful.  I love reading comments so before you go if you can leave me a few words of encouragement you'll make my day.  

The word "celebrate" from the Amazing You stamp set was stamped in Watermelon Wonder ink on a scrap of Whisper White card stock.  I fussy cut around the sentiment and it was adhered with Dimensionals below the floral image.  I stamped the word "You" from Amazing You in Old Olive ink below the floral image and the "Happy Birthday" sentiment was stamped on another scrap in Momento Tuxedo Black ink and cut into a small banner. Some basic rhinestones and a coating of Wink of Stella on the floral design finished off the card front.  
I stamped the floral image once again on the inside of the card and added the sentiment Celebrate the Good Stuff from the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set to the inside of the card. Two 1/4" strips of Old Olive and Watermelon Wonder ink were added to the top of the inside panel. 
So that's it for today for my Feminine "Anything Goes" Watercooler Wednesday project.  I hope you liked it.  I'd love to have your comments.

Don't forget to check out the other Design Team Artist's at the Watercooler Wednesday Main challenge page.  To get a closer look at their creations simply click on their name below their sample picture.  Until next time..........
 

Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin Spot

11 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Penny! Way to go spotlighting the gorgeous Sale-a-bration freebies! That's such a versatile and beautiful stamp set. Love the way you used the stripes and the sequins embossing folders for your background and circles. That balances the beautiful colouring of the images so well. Great choice of sentiments, too. The colours, embellishments---everything works perfectly for lovely card.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much Heidi for dropping by and your wonderful comment. Love both stamp sets. Great sentiments in each and the flower is pretty versatile.

Unknown said...

Penny, everything about your card is absolutely gorgeous! Appreciate your instructions as well, as may have to CASE it! Thanks again, Chris

angelstamps said...

I love the burst stamp behind the flower on the front as well as the faceted gem in the center. That makes your flower pop

Helen said...

A lovely, cool looking card, Penny! The colours make me think of summer and watermelon! Very popular here at the moment! So pretty!

Heather Hopson said...

Oh Penny! I love this card. The colors are wonderful and I immediately thought of barbecues and Watermelon on a hot day. The layers and the colors make this a definite "Wow" card. Great job!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much for your comment Heather. Yes those colours do make me think of watermelons too. Glad you liked it.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Angel thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I didn't really mention the burst stamp in my post but I really like the way it offset the floral image. Those faceted gems are great for those larger flower centers too. Appreciated!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Glad you liked the card Chris and the instructions. It's so great to get that feedback and CASe away. I think that's so much fun!

Pink Panoply said...

What a stunning card, Penny. I love how your beautiful embossed layers give your focal image such dimension. And your colors are fabulous.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Pink Panoply.....cute blog name. Thank you for recognizing the embossing layers as they do give dimension and bring that beautiful floral image to the forefront. I totally love the new sequin embossing folder too. Thanks for dropping by and making my day!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...