We hope you'll join us in the fun and enter one of your own creations. All you have to do is make a Christmas themed card or project and link it to our site through your post and follow a few simple rules. All the stuff you need to know about playing along is located on the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge Main Page. Our Linksy is open until 5:00pm on Monday November 30th.
Here's My "All About Christmas" Card:
Stamps: Merry Little Patterns
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Basic Black, Whisper White
DSP and Specialty Papers: Silver Foil, Merry Little Christmas DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Paper Trimmer, Stitched Shapes Circle Dies, Stitched Rectangles (Memory Box), Basic Rhinestones, 10" strip of 1/4" black satin ribbon, Dimensionals, Tom Bow Glue.
1. Card Base is a 4 1/4 x 11" piece of Basic Black and score at 5 1/2".
2. Cut a 4 1/8" x 5 1/4" piece of Silver Foil for first layer. Note: I don't like to waste my precious stash of foils so I always cut out something from the center of one of these layers. In this case it was a 3" x 3 1/2" rectangle.
3. Cut a 4" x 5 1/8" piece of Merry Little Christmas DSP for the 2nd layer.
4. For the circles I began by cutting a 3" circle from Basic Black followed by a Silver Foil and DSP layer. I used a combination of the Stitched Shapes circle dies and old Circle dies for these layers. The circles were glued together and then glued to the card face on the left hand side. I also added a 10" length of black satin ribbon on this side of the card.
5. I stamped the beautiful deer from the Merry Little Patterns Hostess Stamp Set that I received for free in September, on a 2" x 3" piece of Whisper White. This rectangle was cut out with the Stitched Rectangles Die. I stamped a second image on a scrap of Whisper White and cut it out to layer on the first one with Dimensionals.
What a fun image to play with. Most of the stamps in this hostess set are 2-step stamps. First you stamp a beautiful line image of the deer and then you ink up a "filler" stamp and re-stamp to add the sweater. The great thing about the filler stamp is that you can ink it up with whatever colour you want. What fun!
This panel was attached to the circle and card base with Dimensionals. I had to stack two Dimensionals together to raise the rectangle in height so it was evenly mounted. I stamped the "Merry Christmas" from the Merry Little Patterns set on Whisper White and mounted it on Basic Black. The silver foil snowflake is from an old die set I had.
7. The inside of the card was finished simply by stamping another 2-step stamp, the "tis the season" stamp in Momento Tuxedo Black ink on a 4" x 5 1/4" panel of Whisper White card stock. Beautiful imagery!
Thanks for coming and checking out my card today. Hope you liked it as much as I do. As always, I love to hear your thoughts on my creations as it gives me inspiration to keep on doing this blog. Don't forget to check out the wonderful creations of the other Design Team Artists by clicking here.
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot