The WWC122 challenge is open until 5:00pm Mountain Time on Monday June 12th, 2017. We hope you'll enjoy this challenge and join us by sharing your creation. Rules and instructions for the Linsky are on the Watercooler Wednesday Home page.
Here's My Card:
My card this week was inspired by my recent participation in a beautiful destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The wedding itself was fairy tale fantastic and the setting just couldn't have been any better.
Everywhere you looked you were assailed with all the magnificent vibrant colours of nature. Reds, pinks, oranges, yellows, greens and blues all mashed together and bombarding the senses. The Bougainville were the true inspiration for this card.
Here's my card - "Isn't It Lovely":
Stamp Sets: Floral Phrases #141767
Card Stock: Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum, Powder Pink*, Berry Burst*, and Fresh Fig*
Ink: Fresh Fig
Accessories: Big Shot, Paper Trimmer, Hexagon Embossing Folder, Lovely Words Thinlet Dies #143733, Seasonal Layers Thinlets #143751, Hearts Thinlet Dies, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tom Bow Glue.
These Adirondack or Muskoka chairs (as they're known in Ontario) from the Seasonal Layers Thinlets set captured my heart the moment I laid eyes on them in the new Annual Catalogue. They smack of romance, relaxation and togetherness.
How It's Made:
1. Card Base: Cut a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Sweet Sugarplum card stock and score at 4 1/4".
2. 1st Layer: 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock embossed with the Hexagon EF.
3. 2nd Layer: 3 3/4" x 4" piece of Sweet Sugarplum card stock. Note: I removed the center of this layer with a 3 1/2" die from the Hearts Thinlet collection.
4. 3rd Layer: 3 1/2 x 4" Berry Burst card stock with the "lovely" thinlet from the Lovely Words Thinlets Dies centered and cut out. This was adhered to the 2nd layer with Tom Bow Adhesive, making sure the hearts were centered. The combined layers were adhered to the 1st layer with Dimensionals.
5. Finishing: Cut out the branch from Fresh Fig and the flowers from Powder Pink using the Seasonal Layers Thinlets and mount to the top of the card. Add Basic Rhinestones to the flower centers. Cut out a Powder Pink and a Fresh Fig chair and attach below the heart with Tom Bow glue and Dimensionals.
6. Inside: Floral Phrases is such a wonderful stamp set and the sentiment "May Your Love Grow Stronger, Deeper and More Beautiful with Every Passing Year" seemed so appropriate for this card. The inside panel of Whisper White measures 4" x 5 1/4". The sentiment and floral image from the same set are stamped in Fresh Fig ink. A 1/2" x 4" piece of Fresh Fig was adhered below the floral image leaving an 1/8" gap.
I hope you've enjoyed today's card. This card is my own design and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, comments always inspire me. And, if you liked this design and want to re-create it please feel free to CASE it providing you acknowledge me by linking to this post. Thanks again for joining me and the other Design Team members for this challenge.
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot