I'll be attending a Spring wedding later this month and these two "love birds" have chosen plum and minty green for their theme colours. With this in mind, it wasn't difficult to come up with a card design.
Here's My Card:
Stamp Sets: Builder Birdcage #142891, Oh So Succulent #142992 and Timeless Love #138772
Card Stock: Elegant Eggplant, Mint Macaroon and Whisper White
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Elegant Eggplant, Mint Macaroon and Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Dimensionals, Big Shot Machine, Paper Trimmer, Tom Bow Glue, Happy Heart Embossing Folder and Misti.
Ten Step Assembly:
1. The card base is a standard 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" card stock scored at 4 1/4". It is a side fold card. The front half of the card was embossed with the Happy Heart Embossing Folder.
2. 1st layer: 3 1/4" x 4 3/4" Mint Macaroon card stock.
3. 2nd layer: 3 1/8" x 4 5/8" Elegant Eggplant card stock adhere to 1st layer.
4. 3rd. layer: 3" x 4 1/2" Whisper White card stock.
5. Starting with the Builder Birdcage stamp set, stamp the pedestal base of the bird cage in Tuxedo Black ink, then layer and stamp the birdcage center and top in Elegant Eggplant. Have fun with this one, because you can make any combination of bird cage you want with this delightful set.
|This 16 piece Photopolymer set is on the Retired List and is currently going for $16.30. What a great value and savings!|
6. Next, stamp the bird images in Wisteria Wonder.
7. Finally, stamp two solid image air plants from the Oh So Succulent stamp set in Mint Macaroon. I chose to put one in the top of the cage and the other on the opposite side on the bottom.
|The amazing Oh So Succulent 30 piece Photopolymer Stamp set is on sale for 30% off the catalogue price at $19.50, while the matching Succulent Framelit Dies are on for 40% off at $22.00. That's quite the savings.|
8. Adhere the Whisper White layer to the first two layers and then adhere these panels to the left hand side of the card base with Dimensionals.
9. Stamp the sentiment "The best Love story is the one you write together" from the Oh So Succulent Stamp set in Elegant Eggplant ink on a 3/4" x 2" strip of Whisper White card stock. I also stamped a small flower from the same stamp set in the background of the saying making sure I stamped off the ink first. I glued the sentiment strip to a 1" x 2 1/8" piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock and attached this with Dimensionals on an angle across the bird cage pedestal.
10. Finish the inside with a 4" x 5 1/4" panel of Mint Macaroon and a 3 3/4" x 5" panel of Whisper White. Stamp "Congratulations" from the Timeless Love stamp set in Elegant Eggplant in the center of the Whisper White panel and add a chain in Mint Macaroon ink below it. The chain is from the Builder Birdcage set.
|The Timeless Love Set is retiring May 31st but it is not at a reduced price.|
This card came together in all of a few minutes. Because this is a Clean and Simple challenge I didn't feel the need to add rhinestones or other embellishments and I think it turned out beautifully.
Regrettably all of the stamps and embossing folder used in this card are now part of the Retiring List that Stampin' Up has published. That means they are only available while supplies last or until May 31st whichever comes first.
If you liked this card and it's bold colour combination please let me know because I really appreciate your feedback. It gives me confidence to try different stamping techniques and card designs.
Before you go don't forget to check out the other design team artist's creations this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #115 - Gail's Clean & Simple "Spring Theme" challenge, by clicking on this link.
And, if you like this challenge by all means please join us by linking up your own creation. The design team would really like to see your take on the Spring Challenge. The link is open until Monday April 24th at 5pm Mountain Time. Hope you'll play along!
|Click here for Online Store Access:|
|Click here to see the Retiring Products:|
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot