Wednesday, October 19, 2016

WWC90 - Libby's Black and White CAS Challenge

It's time for some "simple stamping" at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge site.  Our host this week is the uber talented Libby Fens, who in my opinion is the Queen of CAS.  She's chosen a simple Black on White combo for her theme.  
Before we begin, here's a refresher on the Watercooler Wednesday rules for a  "simply stamping challenge" are.  The number one rule is that this challenge is all about simplicity and just stamping: “Simply Stamping” is a return to basics. We expect either one single stamped layer or a base with one single layer on that. We expect simple stamping. You can use masking, heat embossing, stencilling, sponging, but you can't use an embossing folder or embellishments or additional layers (not even a tag).  

Okay so now that the rules are out of the way we hope you'll join us in this great challenge - just keep it clean and simple, and use black on top of a white base.

Here's my card:
Anniversary cards are something I like to have on hand since most of my friends are married and I like to  celebrate this occasion with them.  I just purchased the Timeless Love stamp set so the timing and this challenge were perfect for replenishing my supply.

After using this set I can tell you I'm absolutely over the moon. The images and sentiments are fantastic, and I know I'll be using it a lot.  Why?  Because it literally took me 5 minutes to make this card from start to finish.  I wish you could see how beautiful it looks because these pictures just don't do it justice.  It's classy and elegant and has a bit of a wow thing going on. 

I used Shimmery White card stock instead of my normal Whisper White for this card because of the delicate sparkle you can see when the paper is turned. The creamy white surface is beautiful to stamp on and it added a real touch of elegance to the card. 


I really like the font in this set and the floral images are very delicate.

Supplies:
Stamp Set:  Timeless Love #139408 
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black Ink
Card Stock:  Basic Black, Shimmery White
Accessories:  Trimmer, Dimmensionals,  
The Timeless Love stamp set comes in clear (139408) or wood mount (138772) and contains five stamps.

1.  The basic black card base measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is scored at 4 1/4" for a side fold card.  For a top fold simply cut your card stock to 11" x 4 1/4" and score at 5 1/2".
2.  The Shimmery White layer on both the inside and outside of the card measure 5/14" x 4".
The inside of the card is stamped with the Congratulations sentiment and a floral image from the stamp set.

Well that's it for today.  Tomorrow I'll be stepping this card up with some colour so I hope you'll come back for a visit. Let me know if you like it too. 

If you haven't already visited the Watercooler Wednesday blog I hope you will, because you won't want to miss what the other Watercooler Artists have  created with this WWC90 Black on White Simply Stamping Challenge. There's a lot of WOW cards including an awesome Zentangle image you just have to see! I hope you'll play along too.  You have until 5:00pm Monday October 24th to link up your image, and you could Rock the Watercooler too!

Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot

3 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

You're going to laugh at me, Penny. I had moved the Timeless Love set into my retired but keeping section and had mourned its loss. When you wrote that you had just purchased the stamp, I hauled out my catalogue and there it was, in black and white. Not retired at all. So I'm loving your card for two reasons. One is that it is gorgeous. A very elegant option. And, of course, the second reason is that it has "risen from the grave" (for me, at least). Thanks for sharing.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Oh Heidi, that is simply too funny! Put a smile on my face for sure. Glad I could help you out with reclaiming this gorgeous set. It was actually the wedding one that retired and I mourn that one, but still use it. Cheers!

Deborah Smart said...

Such a classic, timeless card, Penny. The shimmery white cardstock adds an extra touch of class with its subdued shimmer. Then of course, you've continued your stamping to the inside. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...